His

It's pretty uncommon that you go out for a run without Daryl, but it does happen. Michonne asked if you wanted to tag along while she went to a nearby pharmacy to check for a few things for Maggie and the baby, and of course he put up a big fight, insisting he was coming along, but Rick told him he needed him here in case the Saviors came by, so he eventually backed down.

He didn't realize that Spencer was the one leading you and Michonne to the pharmacy, either, otherwise he definitely wouldn't have let you go. He doesn't trust Spencer and he sure as hell doesn't like how he acts around you.

Daryl waited impatiently, stalking around Alexandria for two hours. It's been too long, you said it wasn't far away. Rick told him that you guys are fine, you're both strong. Fighters. Daryl knew this, but it didn't stop him from worrying.

Just as the sun was setting and Daryl was insisting on riding out to search for you guys, the gates opened and your car pulled in. However it didn't stop beside Rick and Daryl, it kept going somewhat fast... toward the make-shift doctors office. Daryl and Rick take off running after the car, realizing someone is hurt, and Daryl watches in horror as Michonne and Spencer lift Alice out of the car and into the house with Rick helping and hollering for Daryl. Your bleeding pretty badly, and passed out, and Daryl fears the worst.

He forces himself to move and follows them inside. Denise gets to work quickly, and announces that you'll live. Michonne explains to Rick how you got shot in the upper arm by some stranger, and Spencer saved you by pushing you out of the way. She said it would have been in the head if he hadn't pushed you.

Daryl feels livid. You almost died. Spencer wasn't even supposed to be there. He should have acted quicker, you still got shot. Maybe he planned the whole thing to look good to Alice.

A bunch of outrageous thoughts shoot through his head as he tries to calm down. You're going to be alright, it didn't hit anywhere lethal.

Two mornings later Denise decides that you can go back to your house, but you need to take it easy. Daryl keeps a close eye on you the entire day, basically following you around. He doesn't let you lift anything, or really do anything anything.

You are sitting on the porch of the house that you and Daryl share with a few of the others from the group, such as Carol and Tara, trying to enjoy the sun beating down on your skin.

Daryl went inside for a minute to grab a glass of water because he saw you sweating, even though you insisted that you liked it and didn't need a drink. Of course, that just so happens to be when Spencer is walking by and noticed you sitting there alone. He slowly approaches you, and you snap your eyes open when you hear someone approaching.

"Hey, just me." He announces, smiling a little. You aren't overly-fond of him, but he did save you, so you return the smile. "Thanks for saving me." You say, which happens to be when Daryl is walking back outside. He stops in his tracks for a moment, staring at Spencer and registering what you just said. Doubts and insecurities flood his head, wondering if maybe you'll leave him for Spencer since you have more options now at Alexandria. You turn and look at him, smiling genuinely at him. "Earth to Daryl." You joke, and he snaps out of his glare, looking at you, softening. He hands you the glass of water to your good arm and you thank him. He doesn't sit, just leaning against the railing and looking at Spencer.

"So uh, I was wondering if you'd want to come over for dinner sometime? I'm sure my mother would like to get to know you better." You feel the tension in the air and know that Daryl is probably already getting angry.

"Oh, trying to get me to meet the family already huh?" You joke around, causing him to chuckle. Daryl snorts and rolls his eyes beside you. "Maybe," Spencer responds playfully, and you can't decide how to reply. "Well, the group should get together with your mother to thank her anyway." You say, basically saying you wouldn't see him alone.

Daryl does catch on, but he doesn't say anything. Spencer nods defeatedly and walks off, leaving you biting your tongue and turning to meet Daryl's eye. "What?" He asks gruffly.

"Oh nothing." You chuckle.

"What was with that? 'Meeting the family'? You want to be with that kid now?" He demands, and you shake your head no. "I don't care about him, but he did save me." You explain.

"Who cares if his stupid ass family likes you." He mutters, and you giggle again. "I don't." You stand up carefully and he straightens, acting like he's ready to catch you at any moment, and stiffens when you kiss his cheek. "We all know your brother liked me." You joke, and he actually chuckles a little. "Don't start on that asshole." He says, referring to his brother. You laugh and lean your head on Daryl's shoulder, making his worries fade away.