Attention

You saw Daryl sharpening his arrows on the front porch. You decided to go and see how he was doing, you knew he was feeling guilty about Glenn's death and everything that went down in the sanctuary. As you walked closer to where he sat he looked up at you but said nothing.

"Hey Daryl, you alright?" you asked, sitting down on the step below him.

He grunted in response and you thought of another way to get him to talk. "You going out on any runs soon?"

"I can't, gotta stay out of sight from the saviors" he replied, taking his focus away from his arrows and onto you.

"Sorry, I forgot about that" you apologised, feeling silly for bringing it up.

You sat in silence for a moment, staring out at the secure walls protecting you from the outside world. You thought Daryl was doing the same, but he was actually looking at you, admiring how soft your facial features looked. He wished that you knew how he really felt, he wanted you to be there for him, he needed someone to hold and cry to, he was tired of keeping his feelings bottled up inside, he could feel himself ready to explode soon.

"Yeah, whatever" he said almost angrily.

You looked back at him in confusion, why was he being hostile all of a sudden? "I didn't mean it like that Daryl, there's just a lot going on right now" You tried to justify your words.

"Everyone has a lot going on right now. Hell, a lot has been going on for years!" he raised his voice.

"Daryl-" You were shocked by his behaviour change but he interrupted you.

"Na forget about it!" He stood up and you did to. He looked down on you and you felt small considering you were a step lower than him. "You don't care, no one does, so just leave me the hell alone!"

He stormed into his house, slamming the door shut behind him. You stood in shock, surprised by how easily he got mad like that, you didn't think he'd take it to heart. You wanted to go in there so badly and just hold him. You knew Daryl since the prison and you understood how emotionally unstable he was, he wasn't in check with his feelings and it had gotten worse. You stepped forward to open the door but you stopped yourself, remembering that he wanted to be left alone.
****

You were getting ready for bed after a stressful day. After everything that had happened with Daryl you were exhausted, but then Jesus had come down to Alexandria to warn you guys about the saviors coming to look for Daryl. It was a tiring day and all you wanted to do was sleep. You were about to jump into bed when you heard a knock on the door downstairs. You sighed and made your way down in only a baggy top and white panties. When you opened the door, you were surprised to find Daryl standing there, he was drenched in sweat and he looked like he was about to burst out crying.

"Daryl, what's wrong?" You asked, moving back so he could come into the house. He walked in and stood by your counter, leaning his hands on it.

He shook his head before talking. "I'm sorry" he said, his voice cracking as the first tear fell down his cheek. He turned to look at you and you got worried that something might have happened. You walked towards him and placed your hands on either side of his cheek as he continued to talk.

"I just need someone, I'm tired of everyone dying and I don't know how to control my anger anymore" His tears were flowing freely now and he made no move to try and wipe them away.

"I lashed out at you this morning for no reason and I'm sorry" he finished.

He lowered his head and you wrapped your arms around his waist, pulling your bodies as close as they could get. He wrapped his muscular arms around your shoulders and he hid his face in the crook of your neck.