Dixons

I walk into the infirmary and see Merle laying on a shirtless with a bandage around his waist. I grab a chair and set it beside him, sitting down. He's either asleep or just resting his eyes. A nurse comes over and sticks a needle in his IV, I watch as the liquid goes through the IV and into his arm. He sighs heavily and opens his eyes, looking at the nurse first then looking around until his eyes land on me. He looks up at the ceiling and starts talking to me. "I know what yer gonna say Ryan. So just say it already." I cross my arms over my chest and look at him. "You shouldn't of taken the bullet for me Dixon. You could've gotten yourself killed. And now, the Sargent wants to give you leave for not only being injured but for your actions as well. What do you have to say for yourself Dixon?" He sighs again and finally looks at me. "I'm sorry Ryan, really I am. But I'm not sorry for savin' you. I wouldn't of been able ta forgive myself if ya were shot or worse...dead. And I don't care if they put me on leave...I'll get ta go home and see my brother again." I shake my head and uncross my arms. I stand up and walk towards the door, but stop before leaving the infirmary. "You don't understand Dixon." I turn and look at him. "I wouldn't of been able to live with myself knowing you died."

I turn back and leave the infirmary, ignoring Merle as he yells for me to come back. That all happened 5 years ago. After Merle left the camp, I asked the Sargent to let me go. He told me that he was disappointed that I wanted to leave since I was the best. I told him that somebody had to keep Merle Dixon out of trouble in the real world, but he laughed at that statement. He told me that he'd let me leave on one condition....tell Merle Dixon that he's no longer working for the Military. I told him I would but that I get to keep both mine and Merles equipment; meaning guns, ammo, grenades, etc. He agreed and told me good luck. Now, the world has changed and gone to shit. Dead people are coming back to life and eating the living. I never made it to Merle after I left the camp. I made it to my apartment but as soon as I locked my door behind me and turned on the TV, the news showed the dead eating the living and I knew that I needed to leave the city as soon as possible.

I quickly run into my room and grab my backpack, putting my guns and ammo in it. I grab another backpack and put some clothes, water and food in it. I quickly leave my apartment and run outside of the building, leaving the city. I run as fast as I can along the side of the road and run towards Merles house. Eventually, I get to his house and see a blue truck with a motorcycle in the back. I recognize that motorcycle, it belongs to Merle. I go to the garage and hit the door with my hands a few times. "Dixon! Get your ass out here!" The front door slams open and out walks a guy with short brown hair and a muscular build. He's also wearing a vest with no sleeves that has wings on the back. He stomps over to me and stops an inch in front of me. "Who are ya?" I glare up at him. "I'm Ryan, I'm looking for your brother. He here?" He takes a step back from me and scoffs, looking me up and down. "What's it to ya? Ya his new hooker?" I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, keeping my glare on him. "No, I'm not a hooker. And I need your brother because-" I'm interrupted by Merle walking over to us with a smile on his face. "Well look what the devil brought up. How ya been Ryan? Wait...why are ya here?" I walk over to Merle and grab his bicep, dragging him a ways away from his brother.

"I'm here for your sorry ass Dixon. Something's seriously wrong." Merle glances at his brother before looking back at me with a frown. "I know Ry. That's why we're leavin' right now. But ya still need ta tell me how ya been." I roll my eyes and hit his arm. He chuckles and walks back over to his brother, me following. "This is Daryl, the brother I told ya about." I nod at Daryl and he nods back. "Daryl, this is Ryan. She's the one that always had my back in the Military. Even if everybody hated me their." I adjust my bow on my shoulder and glance at the truck. "We should get going. Mind if I tag along with you guys?" Merle turns around and gives me quick smile. "Yea, ya can come with us. Ya might have ta sit on one of our laps though...Daryls truck is a 2 seated only, unfortunately." I look at them both and Daryl walks to the drivers side of the truck. "Guess I'm sitting on you then Dixon." He chuckles and gets in the truck. I take my backpacks off and put them in the back of the truck with the motorcycle, along with my bow. I give Merle a look before he helps me onto his lap.

*On the Highway*

Merle was left on a roof of building and Rick Grimes was added to our group. The CDC was a bust and now, Sofia is missing. Rick, Shane, Glenn, Carl, Daryl and I are out looking for her right now. Daryl and I are the only ones that actually have hope in finding her...and we're also the only ones that care enough to keep searching for Merle. I'm with Carl while looking for Sofia and we see a deer not to far off. I put my finger to my mouth and he nods, understanding. I motion for him to come over to me and quietly comes over next to me. Suddenly, a loud bang goes through the air and I fall backwards on the ground. My ears are ringing as Carl yells for help. Everything starts getting blurry as Daryl, Shane and Rick come into view. Shane is yelling at somebody while Rick is trying to hold him back and Daryl is beside me. "No no no Ryan no." I look into Daryls eyes and suddenly, everything goes dark.