Atone | Part 2

^ That's what Parker's wearing ^

I wake up hearing yelling. "Dammit, let me see her!" I sit up and lift my shirt, seeing a clean bandage on my wound. The door slams open suddenly, causing me to jump. I see Merle with nappy hair guy and some other guy wearing a police uniform. Merle runs over to me and hugs me tightly. I hug him back and sigh with relief. I pull out of the hug and gives me a sad look. "I'm so sorry sweetpea. I never should of left you." I clear my throat and he grabs a water bottle from a table, handing it to me. I take a few sips, wetting my throat before talking. "It's alright Merle. I'm fine." He frowns and balls his fists up, he's angry but not with me. "No you're not! I left you all alone and you got shot! What if you'd have died?! Or worse, turn and I find you as a damn walker?!" I stay silent as he paces the floor angrily. The men at the door look ready to intervene if he gets to hostile.

I get off the table and walk over to Merle. He stops pacing and looks down at me angrily. "Merle. You made the right choice, so stop hating yourself for thinking you didn't. If you hadn't of left me, then you would've died trying save my ass. I rather have you leave to survive than risk your life trying to save mine." His angry expression changes to one of sadness. Tears brim his eyes and he hugs me quickly, burying his face in my hair. I wrap my arms around his waist and rub his back lightly. He eventually composes himself and stands up straight, wiping his face while looking down at the ground. I look at the men at the door and give them a questioning look. "Who are you guys?" Merle speaks up before they have a chance to answer. "That's my brother Daryl and the guy next to him is Rick." I nod while looking at them. I can tell Rick feels uncomfortable that I'm staring at him and he shifts a little. Daryl rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

"Well, uh...Parker. We have a house for you and the Dixons to stay in." I nod and nudge Merle, he takes the hint and steps forward. "Daryl and I will take her to our house." Rick nods and moves out of the way for Merle, Daryl and I to leave. I follow close behind Merle and tense up, seeing people looking at us. We eventually get to a house and go inside.

Daryl goes straight into the garage and closes the door with a slam

Daryl goes straight into the garage and closes the door with a slam. "Don't mind him. Let me show you you're room." I follow him upstairs and to a room at the end of the hallway. He opens the door and I surprisingly don't want to vomit. I was expecting it to be a girly color or something but it actually doesn't that bad.

I go over to the bed and flop onto it, sighing at how comfortable it is

I go over to the bed and flop onto it, sighing at how comfortable it is. Merle chuckles and I stand up going over to a door and opening it, seeing a bathroom. I look at Merle and he smiles. "I have my own bathroom?" He shrugs and comes over to look at with me. "Sorta, this bathroom is connected to Daryls room as well." I nod and shut the door. "I'm starving." Merle smiles and leads me downstairs into the kitchen. He sits me down at the floating-bar and starts getting stuff out of the fridge. "Carol, one of the group members, made this for us. I think you'll like it." He unwraps the foil and I see some type of pasta. Merle heats it up and leans on the bar while we talk a little. I answer some of his questions but ignore the ones that make me uncomfortable.

Daryl comes into the kitchen. He has grease on his hands and is wiping them on a rag. Merle shakes his head disapproving. "Wash yer damn hands boy." Daryl grunts but listens to his brother. Daryl sits next to me as Merle makes all of us a plate of the pasta. Merle sits on my right while Daryl sits on my left. Daryl digs in and Merle chuckles before doing the same. I quietly eat mine but take my time, unlike these animals. *Sometime Later* Deanna, the leader of Alexandria, is having a party. Apparently this isn't the first party she's had here. But she invited the Dixons and I, along with Rick and his group. I'm cleaning the dishes that we ate our pasta on and hear a knock at the door. I put my hand on my knife and go to the door, cracking it open and seeing who it is. "Hello, I'm Jessie. I came to ask if you had anything to wear to the party tonight?" I take my hand off my knife and step out onto the porch. "I don't."

She smiles widely. "Well I have some old dresses that might fit you, I'll have to alter them to fit your height but that shouldn't be a big deal." I nod and put my hands in my pockets. "Alright, I guess bring it by some time before the party?" She somehow smiles wider. "Great, I'll see you at the party then." I nod and watch as she leaves. I go back into the house and lock the door. I turn around and bump into Daryl. "Sorry." I mumble and try to walk past him. "You're going to the party?" I shyly nod while looking up at him. He doesn't say anything but lets me get by him. I go to my room and lay on my bed for a while just thinking.

*At the Party*

I ended up going over to Jessie's house to try on the dress and shoes for the party. I told her I wanted something that was long sleeved, she didn't question it.

 I told her I wanted something that was long sleeved, she didn't question it

That was hours ago, though. Right now I'm standing in a corner holding a cup of cheap alcohol and trying to get drunk. A guy comes over to me and leans against the wall, eyeing me up and down. "What's your name sweetie?" I internally vomit at this guys lack of charm and try to ignore him, looking for Merle or Daryl. "Oh come on, don't be like that." He touches my shoulder and I flinch away from him. "Don't." He smirks, ignoring my warning. "Come on sweet-cheeks, lets leave and have a little fun." He grabs me by my waist and pull me against him. I start mentally panicking and don't know what to do. Suddenly, he's pulled off me and smashed into the wall, leaving a hole in the wall.

Daryl begins hitting and kicking this guy over and over again. I drop my cup and start running away. I run out of the house and down the street to mine and the Dixons' house. I run inside and go straight upstairs. I go into my bedroom and hide in the closet. I hear heavy footsteps coming upstairs and hold my breath as they come into my room and come closer to the closet door. The door open and I close my eyes, scared it's that guy again. "Parker. It's okay now. You can come out now." I open my eyes and see Daryl crouched in front of me. I jump into his arms and hug him tightly. I don't say anything and neither does he, I don't even cry, just hug him. And he hugs me back.

"I won't let nobody hurt ya. I promise baby." I sigh a relief and bury my face in his neck. He stands up and I instantly wrap my legs around him. He carries me to my bed and lays me down in it, then he tries to leave but I grab his hand and stop him. "Please stay with me." He sighs but gets in bed with me. I turn with my back to him and feel him wrap his arms around me. "Good night Daryl." He grunts at first but responds with actual words, "Good night babygirl."