Sweetpea

Violet Dankirk is a 9 year old little girl in the middle of the apocalypse.  Violet basically had to become an adult at the age of 6. At which age she had to start cleaning up after her father, a raging alcoholic. Her mother was a drug addict and was schizophrenic. One night, her father was drunk and dragged her mother into their bedroom. From inside, Violet could hear the screams of pain and the cries for help coming from her mother. She knew she couldn't do anything, so she just cleaned up the empty beer bottles around the house. After a while, the screams and cries stopped. Violet was anxious and curious at first, but soon heard her fathers heavy footsteps stomping into the living room. He hits Violet and she falls to the floor, dropping the glass bottles on the floor. He kicks her once in the face and she blacks out.

After she wakes up, she's sore all over and struggles to stand up. When she finally stands up, she goes into the bathroom and runs a bath. She gets in and washes herself, taking her time to insure that she doesn't hurt herself. After bathing, she gets out and stands in front of the body mirror on the back of the bathroom door. She looks at herself and sees tears falling down her pale cheeks.

She goes into her room and finds something to change into

Once she's dressed, she goes through the house, calling for her parents

Once she's dressed, she goes through the house, calling for her parents. Nobody answers. She goes to the window and looks outside, seeing no car. She sighs and goes around the house, locking all the doors and windows. After a while, she sits on the couch. Waiting for her parents to come home. She's not sure how long it's been, but a funny smell is coming from her parents' room. It doesn't smell like what they smoke so she's not sure how to explain the awful stench. *Little Skip* She's starving and tired. There's nothing in the fridge or cabinets so she decides to sleep.

(Violet's POV) *Some Time Later*

I wake up hearing voices outside the front door. I get anxious and quickly hide in my special spot, under the kitchen sink. I grab a kitchen knife before hiding though. I hear the front door open and the voices are talking to each other. "Check the kitchen, I'll search the rest of the house." One man tells the other man and I hold my breath. Some heavy footsteps come into the kitchen and I hear cabinets being opened and then closed. Suddenly the cabinet door where I'm hiding tries to open but I quickly latch it to keep it closed. That's one of the great things about this hiding place, it has a lock on it. "What you doin'?" One man sounds annoyed. "Damn cabinet won't open." I hold my breath as heavier steps come towards me. "Move, let me try." Then suddenly something hits the door and that lock moves, it'll break if he continues. I stop holding my breath and hold the knife in front of me, trying not to shake so much. Then the door opens and I'm met with two grown men.