Aggravated (a/n at the end)

Strap in everybody, this is pretty long.

Another run, another disaster. You needed supplies. What you got was a pile of problems. Daryl, Maggie, Glenn and you ended up in a tight spot with far more walkers than you had expected. You were trapped inside a small flower shop with walkers banging on all the exits.

"How many you got, Glenn?" you whispered harshly to him over the banging fists and gnashing jaws.

"Uhh, too many out this way. Maybe twenty. Possibly more."

"Fuck..." you muttered. You rushed back to Daryl and Maggie who were both leaning against the side door with all their weight to keep it closed. "Too many out Glenn's way," you relayed. You sighed and wiped a slightly shaky hand across your sweaty brow. "I—I'm gonna clear out the back."

"What?!" Maggie snapped, readjusting her back against the door. "You said there were ten walkers out there."

Daryl shook his head vehemently. "Nah! That's too many. Ya can't—"

"We don't have a goddamn choice! Look, it's the exit with the fewest geeks, so unless either of you can suddenly come up with a new and brilliant idea in the next five seconds, I'm doing it!" You waited, staring at both of them.

"I'll do it!" Daryl snapped at you. "Just switch with me. Hold this door with Maggie."

You shook your head. "You've gotta keep this door shut with Maggie until the back is clear. She and I won't be enough. I'm going."

"Wait—Elvina!" Daryl yelled after you but you were already gone, disappearing into the back stockroom. "Son of a bitch!" Daryl was letting fly a lengthy string of expletives and there was panic in his eyes. Maggie noticed the overwhelming distress on his face as her own stomach flipped.

"She's—she's a good fighter," Maggie stammered.

"And she's too damn impulsive!" Daryl yelled, straining to keep his weight against the door behind them. "If we get outta this, and she makes it, I'mma kill her," he growled. Maggie gulped.

In the back room you could hear the walkers still on the other side of the door and you steeled yourself, checking the magazine of your pistol and making sure there was a bullet chambered. You unsnapped the loop on top of your knife's sheath and heaved in a forced breath. Here we fuckin' go. You unlocked the door, barely opened it, putting your boot in the way to try and hold it open just enough for you to get your knife into the space. But the pressure of the walkers on the other side was too great for you to manage it for long. You stabbed your knife into the temple of the nearest walker pressing its face toward you in the opening and it was immediately replaced with another.

"Can ya hear anythin'?" Daryl asked desperately.

Maggie shook her head. "No! Just hold on," she urged. Her back was sweaty from exertion and the stuffy air inside the store and she was starting to slide down the door behind her, constantly having to readjust her position to keep her bodyweight against it beside Daryl.

Just then there was a tremendous crash from the back room followed by gun shots. Daryl and Maggie exchanged a desperate look but the walkers outside the door just behind them had obviously heard the noise too and they attempted to surge forward. Daryl's boots began to slide on the floor.

"We aren't gonna be able to hold this much longer!" Maggie yelled, straining to press back into the door and hold the flood of walkers at bay. Over the groaning and mawing she and Daryl could hear more bangs in the back room.