Dangerous

*Before the Apocalypse*

"Hit it again!" I punch the punching bag again but harder. "Good, but you can do better! Kick it, punch it, give it your all!" I punch and kick it, giving it my everything. I give it one final kick and the punching bag comes off the chain and flies across the room, falling on the floor. I lean forward and put my hands on my knees, catching my breath. "Good job, now we need to fix that for the others." My coach, Mr. Dixon, squeezes my shoulder lightly and chuckles. I stand up straight and give him a small smile. I'm a special weapon for the government. I was an orphan and living on the streets.

Flashback

One night, a man tried to take me but I fought him. I bit his hand and elbowed him in the crotch, then I stomped on his foot. and once he was kneeling over, I grabbed him by his hair and kneed him in the face. After that, he was laying on the ground and I was exhausted. I walked out of the alley and and sat on the sidewalk in front of the bar. Then, Mr. Dixon came out of the bar and saw me. He sat next to me and I guess he saw how exhausted I was because he asked me what made me so tired. I pointed to the alley without speaking and he got up and went into it, seeing the guy starting to get up while holding his bloody nose. The guy saw Mr. Dixon and I guess he got scared and ran away. Mr. Dixon came back over to me and helped me stand up. "Where's ya parents?" I shrug and rub my eyes, yawning. He grumbles and grabs my hand gently. We walk to a car that has camouflage all over it and he lets me sit in the front, while he sits in the drivers-seat. "Get some rest darlin'. I won't let nobody hurt ya." I nod and lean on the window, closing my eyes.

I wake up from the car stopping. I sit up and look around, hearing grumbling from the backseat. I look at the backseat and see a few men holding their heads as if they're in pain. They get out of the car and then my door opens. Mr. Dixon unbuckles me and helps me down. I hold his hand as we walk. We walk into a big white tent and he sets me on a green cot. "I'll be right back. Stay put, a'right?" I nod silently and watch as he leaves the tent. I look around and see a small metal table with sharp things on it. I get up and grab the small knife from the metal table, putting it in my pocket. I sit back down on the cot and wait for Mr. Dixon. Suddenly, someone comes into the tent. A very old looking man with hardly any hair and bushy grey eyebrows. He comes closer to me and I put my hand in my pocket that has the small knife.

He smiles at me and sit on the cot across from me. "What's yer name sugar?" I glare at him and grip the knife. He sighs and stands up, grabbing a clear thing with a sharp end. He sticks the sharp end inside a little glass bottle and the liquid from the glass bottle goes into the clear thing. He sets the glass bottle down and comes back over to me. I tense up and glare harder at him, trying not to show him how terrified I am. He grabs my arm and I quickly pull my hand out of my pocket and stab him in the arm with the small knife. He drops the thing that has liquid in it and yanks out the small knife. I stand on the cot and quickly jump on him. Scratching his neck and face. He yells and pushes me off of him. I hit the ground hard and slowly get up. I clench my fists tightly and glare up at him.

Suddenly though, Mr. Dixon comes into the tent and looks from the man to me and back again. "The hell happened?!" The old guy glares at me and glances at him. "She fucking stabbing me with a damn scalpel." I harden my glare at him and take a step forward, making him take a step back. Mr. Dixon step in front of him with his arms crossed. "You were just supposed to take some blood from her." He looks down at the floor next to the cot and sees the clear thing that is now broken. He looks back at the old guy. "Get the fuck out." The old guy leaves and I unclench my fists. Falling on my knees in exhaustion. Mr. Dixon kneels down in front of me and helps me up to my feet. He puts his arms under my legs and back and carries me. He takes me to a building and walks all the way to the back, past a bunch of bunks filled with sleeping men. He lays me down on a bed and covers me up. "Get some rest now. I'll watch over ya." I close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.

End of Flashback

"Ya okay?" Mr. Dixon asks me, taking his hand off my shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking is all." He chuckles and shakes his head. "Thinking can either get you killed or save yer ass. Be careful of which one is which darlin'." I nod and sit down, drinking from my water bottle. He sits next to me grabs his water bottle, drinking from it. I put my water bottle in my bag and stand up, putting my bag on. "I'm gonna go take a shower and then probably work on my shooting at the shooting range." He grunts in response and I leave. I get in my room and put my bag down. I strip to nothing and go into my bathroom, starting the shower and getting in. *After Shower* I get out of the shower and and change into clean clothes. I open my weapon case but before I can grab anything, a pounding at my door stops me. I go over and open it, seeing Mr. Dixon panting and covered in blood. He comes into my room and slams the door, looking around everywhere before grabbing a bag and putting my guns inside. "What's happening? Why are you covered in blood?"

"No time to explain darlin'! Just pack some clothes and lets get the hell out of here!" I don't question him anymore and quickly grab another bag, stuffing clothes and some extra ammo inside. We run out of my room and down the hall to the exit. There's blood on the walls and some of the doors that are open have dead soldiers inside. We run outside and to a car, starting it up and driving away. *Sometime Later* The car breaks down and we get out, walking down the road. We eventually come up to a house and Mr. Dixon bangs on the door. A guy a little younger than him opens the door holding a crossbow and a bag. "Ready little brother?" The bow guy nods and shuts the door behind him, going over to a blue truck and getting in the drivers-seat. "Don't forget yer bike Merle." Merle grabs a  motorcycle and put is in the back of the truck. He gets in the truck and I get in beside him. "Daryl, this is Blair. Blair, this is my little brother Daryl." We don't say anything to each other, instead we just glance at one another and then look away. He starts the truck and drives off, going towards the interstate.

Hey guys, I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I'm currently not going to public school and I'm just going to be doing online school. Online school is different from homeschooling, by the way. I'm going to try and cram this school year with next year while online and try to graduate next year sometime. So, I'm sorry if it takes me a little longer to upload on this story. I really like writing for this book and you guys have been really eager for me to continue writing for it. I'm glad you all are liking it so far, though. I love you guys so much. Stay safe and sanitized everybody! Xoxox