My Hero

I fiddle with the hem of my shirt while looking down. "I'm glad you're here Daisy. I'm going to get better once I'm out. I'm going to go to rehab and get clean." I sigh and look up at him. "No you won't. You've been telling me for three years now that you're going to get clean. You've made promises that you always break. I can't do it anymore, Luke." He looks at me confused and then shakes his head. "What are you saying?" I bite my lip and look down at my hands, fiddling with my shirt. "I-I'm leaving you. For good this time."

He shakes his head and stands up, anger is clear on his face. "Y-You can't do this to me! I'm in prison for god's sake!" He continues yelling and then hits the glass. The people around us flinch and jump in surprise at his outburst, except me. I've never flinched whenever he yelled or hit me. I never yelled back either, I just let him have his moments until he calms down. He hits the glass again and pants, breathing heavily. A guard has come over to him and has told him to sit down and he sits. "It's better this way." He scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest. "But, I don't want you to go."

I sigh and look at him, he has tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry Luke. But you don't make me happy anymore. This is the best option for us." He looks away from me and clenches his fists. He turns to me and stands up, glaring at me. "Whatever, you'll regret this Daisy." And then he leaves, the guard taking him back to his cell. I sigh and shake my head. I get up and adjust my purse, before leaving the prison and going back home. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Is this what freedom feels like?

*Little Skip* I've been single for a couple months now. After I broke up with...him, I started doing old hobbies again. I draw again, I take walks in the woods again; life feels good now. Right now, I'm packing to go camping, something I've missed doing, and double checking that I have everything. Food...check, water...check, tent...check, backup tent...check, backpack...check, hunting stuff...double check. Looks like I've got everything. I shut the trunk and get in my car.

I drive for a while on the main road but turn onto a dirt road that eventually turns into gravel the further I go

I drive for a while on the main road but turn onto a dirt road that eventually turns into gravel the further I go. I drive up the hill and park near the edge, looking out towards the quarry. Too bad I'm allergic to fish, or I'd just eat that instead of hunting in the woods. I still enjoy fishing though, that's what my dad and I would do on Sundays while my mother and siblings went to church. I smile at the memory but then frown. My family disowned me a long time ago. That's how I met...him. We were friends at first and he was sweet to me. But once we started dating, things started changing. I shake my head of those thoughts and grab my bag and my crossbow. I lock my car and then go to the woods, I've really missed this.

 I lock my car and then go to the woods, I've really missed this

*Time Skip, group is at the quarry*

I get back from hunting and see multiple cars and an RV. I see people talking with each other and spot a cop talking to an older man. I go over to my car, open the trunk and set my bag and crossbow in it. I take my string of rabbits off and set them on the ground, then I sit on the ground and take out my knife. "Excuse me, ma'am?" I look up to see the cop and the older man standing a few feet away from me. I stand up and put my knife on my hip. I smile at them. "Yes, how can I help you?" The cop motions around to everybody. "We were wondering if we could stay here." I give him a confused look. "Well, it's not my quarry. So do whatever you want." He chuckles and turns to the older man.

They quietly talk with each other and I sit back down, beginning to skin my rabbits. "Did you hunt these yourself?" I hum in response. "Would you mind sharing with our group? I'm Dale by the way." I glance up at Dale and give him a smile. "Sure, and I'm Daisy." He nods and then walks off with the cop. I wonder if the people in Atlanta made it out before that explosion. I saw it happen while in the woods and got worried. At least these people made it out. I wonder if we'll find other people along our journey.

*Time Skip, at the prison*

We just emptied out the prison. But now Daryl and some of the others are talking with some prisoners. I'm making sure Lori is comfortable while trying to keep Carl from following his father. "You need to stay here Carl, your dad and the others will take care of everything." He nods and sits beside his mom. I sigh and go out of the cell block to Rick, Daryl and T-Dog. I load a bolt in my crossbow and go out, pointing it at the prisoners. I freeze suddenly, seeing him. I thought he would've died. He sees me and a wave of relief washes over his face. "Daisy baby, I'm so glad you're okay."

I drop my crossbow to my side and take a step back. He takes a step forward. I look away from him and turn to leave. "Wait baby, I'm sorry. I've missed you so much." I bite my lip and look down at the floor. "Don' take 'nother step." I look up and see Daryl aiming at him. I shake my head and stomp back into the cell block. *Time Skip* Rick and some of the others helped clear out a cell block for the prisoners. Rick said that something happened and the only prisoners left are Luke, a guy named Axel and a guy named Oscar.

Sadly, we have to share the courtyard with them. I'm helping Carol and Maggie with the garden right now when a shadow blocks the sun from me. I look up and see Luke. I go back to what I was doing and try to ignore him. Until he talks. "Can we talk Daisy?" I bite my lip and glance over at Carol and Maggie, they're talking. "Can it wait? I'm busy." I'm suddenly pulled up to my feet and dragged away. He drags me behind the guard tower where nobody can see us. He let me go and I lean against the wall. "I want you back." I roll my eyes and go to walk away but he grabs me and pins me against the wall. "Please. I need you." I try to pull away but he keeps a tight grip on me. "We can't get back together Luke. I'm already with somebody else." He has a look of shock on his face for a second but it quickly turns to anger. He grips me tighter and I whimper in pain.

"Who?" I open my mouth to talk but get cut off. "Me." I look over and see Daryl. Luke lets go of me and laughs while looking at Daryl. "You? Yeah right. You can't pleasure her like I can. Make her toes curl, her head lean back while she's in pure bliss." He pauses and chuckles, giving Daryl a smirk. "Or make her cum multiple times while screaming your name." Then suddenly, Daryl jumps him. He punches him in the face multiple times and I look away, not wanting to watch. I wrap my arms around myself and close my eyes. Eventually, Daryl stops and comes over to me. He stands in front of me while looking down at the ground. I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him.

My hero.