Not Again

Ya Allah! Lately I found myself saying that phrase very often. I never thought I had to accommodate anymore wife after Hadiza was gone. And now with this woman, If I didn't murder her, then it will be the other way round. She's a sucker. Abbah's wife is a sucker.

"It's no trouble, I will drop her at her school." She reassured abbah again. We're still having breakfast together. While I'm still trying to suppress the urge to give her a piece of my mind instead of enjoying my breakfast. 

I don't even know why our driver decided to fell sick now, and this meddling woman is taking advantage of my dad busy schedule. "I don't  want to go with her, paapi." I said firmly picking a piece of papaya from the bowl of fruit salad in front of me. 

Abbah look at me with a pout, something he usually does to convince me. "I will be late if I make that stop, Noorie." He said looking at his wrist watch that complete his formal entire, which make him look much younger.

"But she talks a lot dad. It's going to be at least another twenty minutes with her talking about the least of my interest." And when I look up at the person opposite to my seat with a slight annoyed look on my face, I could see a tinge of smile dancing on her lips at my lame excuse. I swear she's getting on my nerves and one of this days, I am going to make her pay. Dearly!

Although, the freaking annoying thing is that, she seems to not mind how I treat her, it's like she just don't care what I say.

"Jamila, try not to talk a lot." Abbah said to his wife sweetly with smile, and the freak smiled at him too.

Goodness, she still manage to blush at her age. So shameless, I got up from my seat since I know I have no other choice but to go with her. Honestly, if not for the continuous assessment starting today, I will have ditched school just avoid being in the same car as her. It's already too much having her under the same root.

My dad adores her, which is why I'm still trying to let them be. At least my paapi deserve that after all he have been through, he's good man and if this woman will make him much happier, so be it.

"I'm sorry, baby." He cooed at my sulking face with a smile as I pulled my blazer from the next chair.

"Uhmm!" I mumbles and he got up too following me out of the dinning area. Abbah was saying anything trying to get to smile, but I wasn't in the mood, so I fake it by opening my teeth. Abbah burst into a fit of laughter, I know that I appeared like a clown.

"Abbah!" I pressed.

"Sorry dear, you know how that makes you look." He gushed again and frown.

"Goodluck with your C.A's." He added.

"Have a nice day too." He gave me a side hug and he hurried outside. And that made me wonder when he sit and enjoy his hardwork, he always leaves so early and come back very late. With that thought in my mind I hurriedly follow after him, his car was already halfway outside the gate when I called out to him.

"What's it, Noor?" He asked looking worried and my heart sour at that. It's have alway been the two of us against everything. He have always been there, while I'm still trying to be there for him. It make me feel guilty at times. I did know when a lone tear escaped my eyes. He have been broken by all the people he loved, all of them. That's why I sincerely pray he never find out what I did, all I have been concealing all these years. For I know if that happened, he won't be the strong man he's right now.

"Nothing Abbah, I forgot to say I love you so much." With a finger I wiped the tinge of my tears that was barely there and smiled.

"Oh dear, you know I love much more.  Don't worry about me, I'm your father after all." He stroke my cheeks from the window.