The Auntie

The caring that shine in her eyes seems genuine. It really did. That amazed her too, because she don't see that more often in a woman's  eyes for her. Not even in her mother's. She'd looked for something like that, but couldn't find any as such. And the next she knew, she was hugging that woman tightly. That warmth and tenderness.

Even abbah was surprised, Noor has never been like that with anyone, not even when she fell in love with Hadiza, she walked in a baby step to reached there. But that instantly! That's the first, and it's beautiful! 

Three weeks has passed by since the news of her aunt reached her. Noor have been overly excited and she doesn't know the reason why her aunt arrival was making her so jubilant like a child on eid day. Although, since she learned about her aunt's story, she's been connected to her aunt even before their meeting.

Abbah had told her that her aunt had to wrap somethings in South Africa where she resides with her family. That's why it took too long. Noorur-rahman has never wait and plan for anything like she have done and awaits that meeting, maybe since she became a teen, she hasn't been excited over anything like that. And she really do want to believe it's everything to do with Isma'il spiritual therapy, no doubt about it she have been feeling good about herself lately. Her mind is slowly getting a focus and choosing direction.

Isma'il had told her the night after their first reading session of Riyadh-us-Saliheen in the living room, that there's no bigger therapy for a soul than the holy Quran. Indeed, Noor had felt guilty, she can't remember the last time she get hold of the holy book. Perhaps, since she ditched going to ta'alim almost three years ago.

Incorporating, the holy quran into her schedules since that day have been good and a bit challenging, for she sometimes she gets lazy. So now she memorize few surah after every fajr prayer, something she have witness her abbah doing since she knew him. Well, she had started doing that along with him a long times ago, but she stopped somewhere along the way. One of her recent achievement these days is doing her salah on time, the consistency is amazing. And life have been good since then. Isma'il has told that no soul is ever too rotten to pray, 'Noorie, don't even think for a second that you're rotten, okay?' He'd said. She wonder how much faith he has in her. For the longest time that's what she felt in her.

"Masha Allah, Noor. You're so beautiful!" The aunt said getting out of the hug with her niece.  And for the very first time Noor feels welcome in a stranger's embrace. That brought about a feeling so strange, yet all the rightness was there. Her face has already turned red from excitement,  so is her eyes. She can't believe it, it's love at first sight!

So she hugs her aunt again, tightly, "well, Noor really loves, Rabi'a!" Abbah announced giggling, that's really so very rare.

"She's a sweetheart, Yaya!" Rabi'a said as Noor released her from her clutches. And abbah wonder on the last time someone called him yaya. Perhaps, she went missing.

Noor was mesmerized, not only by her aunt beauty, but also her gentleness. She seems quiet but interesting.  "And you look just like abbah, more beautiful than the pictures of you I saw. I can't believe my eyes."

"Oh I'm sorry, dear." The aunt said adorably caressing Noor's chin. It's a sight to see, and they got audience, whom are really happy with their instant connection and they'll allow them to have their moment.

"What are you sorry for?" Noor asked a bit confused.

"That I'm only getting to know you now, I mean  I missed on being your auntie all those years."

"If you're sorry,  then you should do your auntie job in double to make up for the past years. It's better too late than never!"

"Oh that's not a problem," they all laugh including their audience and she invited her aunt in.