The Waves

For the first time in a long time, Noorur-rahman stares at the mirror, yet the image staring back at her was far from what she remember herself. Tears filled up her eyes as she pull up the green bonnet covering her head and that's when tears escaped their captivity.

"What happened to my hair?" She asked no one in particular as she's actually alone in the room. Noor was finally in her complete sense without the effect of any drugs. And now being fully aware, is a heavy task.

Due to her brain surgery, she'd lost her beautiful hair and it's just growing back. Even though her hair isn't exactly what she wanted it to be all the time, she'd love and taken care of it from a tender age. Taking care of her hair has pulled her out of depression, severally, only that she can't remember those depressed moments now.

"Why are they tears in your eyes, my dear?" Maman Naana worriedly inquired, as she sat close to her daughter, longing to hug her tightly and never let her go again. But to Noor, she's a nurse and so she'll stay until she can remember. Or probably not.

"My hair!" Noor cries, using her thump to wipe her rushing tears.

"Oh dearest, your hair will grow back again, you will see, it will be longer and more beautiful." Her hair is one of the things that made her feel like a lady when her innocent was stolen away from her. She felt that her hair is something under her control and now it's gone.

Nevertheless, Noorur-rahman's mixed up memories, she never let her emotion down. When she feels like crying over anything, she do just that. Likewise for laughter. She express herself well.

So even after all maman Naana does to calm her down, Noor had only slow her tears only to break down again. "Why didn't they asked me before cutting up my hair, why did abbah allow that to happened?" Her cries continue.

At the moment it's only Nafisa and Asabe at home. It's morning and the rest have went out for their daily activities. For since Noor has woken up, they have mostly been absent in their workplaces. Though, with the current situation that seems like a never ending circle, abbah advised all of them to go back to their usual life routine.

Abbah even told Auntie Rabi'a stay at home and spent sometime with her family, because ever since they move back to Nigeria, she have always been there, barely used. She's supposed to have open her foundation, but kept on postponing the opening, because of the arising issues.

Though, she's already partners with Jamila and Nabila in their business after they gave a her good proposal. And also a counselor at PIC, though even with abbah's on her resume, Auntie Rabi'a only got the job due to her years of experience.

So when Nafisa couldn't get Noor stop crying after an hours or so. She called Isma'il for help, and having his number at the top of her dial list, she called him instead of abbah.

"I don't know anymore, she won't stop crying!"

"Are you sure she didn't recall anything?"

"No, she seem to only be crying for the hair. Maybe her abbah could her down, I had to live her alone because she insisted on being alone, but I can still hear cries."

"Abbah is in an important meeting, I will come instead." Isma'il hurriedly left the office after sending his uncle a message of what's happening at home, he knew his uncle with check his phone first after the meeting.

"Hey Noorie!" Isma'il waves at the sobbing Noor when he entered the room. "I was told you're very upset and I had to rush from back here."

"I don't have my hair anymore!" She cries again.

"Oh that's okay, you're still as beautiful and enchanting as ever."

"No, that's not true. I'm looking so sickly, I even have amnesia. I probably don't even remember exactly who I am. Did I lost my hair because I have cancer."