Prologue

Noor scowls at her reflection through the full length view mirror which is attached to her massive in built closet, occupying three quarter of the wall. Her long thick and full afro hair standing up as if ready to wrestle, it shows no sign of being combed even though she has been doing that for the past minutes now. The rage growing inside of her was not making it any easier. She was pissed!

Who will be the escaped goat? She have to vent her frustration on somebody, and who else beside their poor house maid Asabe. Beside Noor's father, Asabe is one of the fewest people that patiently tolerate her. If not because she is beautifully paid by her employer, Asabe knew she must have been gone by now and long forgotten.

"ASABE!" Noor yelled at the top of her lungs and in a matter of seconds she come running into the room, and the strong aura of Noor welcomed her. Noor might be young but she has such a strong aura that make people stay within their limit, and to those who think they can cross her, then welcome! She barely smile and if she does, it came with a price.

The four walls of the room are covered in a pink and black leopard skin wallpaper and white furnitures and curtains. A bookshelf stand along side Noor's reading table by the window side at the far right of her queen's size bed which is at the center of the room, it made a small division of a reading area.

Asabe stood there at the center of the room waiting for Noor's ranting.

"Goodness you walk like a tortoise." Noor grimaced with a hiss throwing the comb she was holding at the direction of the door, from where Asabe stood, luckily she saw it coming and dodged. Noor have this smug look on her face seeing the horrified look on Asabe's face. Spoil brat! Asabe thought.

"I am sorry, I was doing some work in the kitchen. Do you need anything, ma'am?"

"Uhm, start packing my cloths, after that I need my hair done." Noor said dryly without any care or the thought of the lady being an elder to her. Whilst Asabe stare at the pile of clothing on the bed, and different pairs of shoes on the once cleaned tiled floor. To think that she was only going away for two to three days Asabe wonders what the need to pack too many things was for? And knowing Noor very well, Asabe knew that any cloth that dare to enter that suitcase whether used or not. It must be washed when they returned. Because she don't trust anyone there especially her grandmother and cousins. As she always says 'who knows what the witches sprayed in there'.

"Dear, I am still making breakfast, and right now there's your pancake on the pan, and am afraid if I stay here any more minutes it will get burnt." Asabe explained very politely and in a soft tone, even though she knew it's not of any use to Noor.

"How is that suppose to be my problem, I think you're all paid for that. Stop being lazy woman and start packing my clothes, I don't care what you have to do? And don't dear me. I don't remember being one to you." Noor concluded at the same time someone yelled "something is burning in the kitchen!" And the maid rushes out of the room.

Asabe stare at the coal looking pancake and hissed at herself, annoyed at herself for still working in that house. She pour another batter into the pan and before you knew it the burnt smell was replace with a pleasant one, along with the sweet aroma of the chai latte she is making and the already finished cinnamon rolls, the plain fried yam and the scrambled eggs. Yeah, only for two individual, Noor and her father. Not that they have a huge appetite, it was just Noor being Noor.

Asabe arrange the breakfast on the table, one after the other right from the fresh orange juice to cut fresh fruit to all the other foods that Noor has requested for, which she might only have a spoon or none. Sometimes she will just say she lose her appetite and that will all go to waste. As for Asabe, she will pack everything to take to her family.

Noor along with her father start eating their food quietly. The little devil as many calls her including Asabe, look so adorable talking her to father. Who look at her with so much adoration. Asabe feel pity for the man who believes his daughter is an angel. She at times wishes Noor was her own daughter so she can mold her into a better person and teach her how to respect and value people the hard way, the Nigerian way possible. Since the easy way is not in Noor's dictionary.

At the beginning of her job she thought she can put some moral sense into her head but Asabe failed miserably, then Noor was only fourteen. And now two and half years later, it has only gotten worst. Out of the goodness of her heart, Asabe only prays for guidance for Noor from the Almighty being.

"Abbah, can we not go, I am already feeling so tired, pleaseeeee." Noor pleaded flashing him her pearl like white teeth and her father only smiled not giving into her antics.

"Noorie, my dear girl. How can we celebrate eid only the two of us, even Asabe won't be here to cook for us, it won't be fun my girl. It's just few hours drive." Adam said softly trying to convince his already pissed off daughter, he knew she hate the fact that they can't celebrate eid in their own home. But what can he do if they're only a family of two. And it's one of the few times that Adam get to spent with his family since he live away from his family's hometown and living in another city. He also want Noor to have other people in her life beside him.

Noorur-rahman the only daughter of the divorcee bank owner. The chairman of Vertex Bank, Alhaji Adam Ilu Danja. He's chose to stay unmarried until the woman who will truly love and care for his daughter came. His three previous marriage wasn't a success simply because they failed be good mothers to his beloved girl. And for him, anything for the princess.

Noor went through a lot of taunt as child from her father's half siblings then her first stepmother, along with that she was only two month when her mother left her with her workaholic father. Which was the sole reason for her parents divorce. More than anything Noor loath her mother everyone said she abandoned her and she believed it. The woman has never show up not even once or called to ask about her, it's like she vanished in to the thin air with no trace of her at all. No matter how Noor try not to bother about that harsh truth, it still hurt. Especially if she witness other mothers doting on their children with so much love and care, she wonder what her fault was for own mother to leave her.

Noor though doesn't care anymore, that's the story of her life when she used to cry over not a having a mother. Especially since her first stepmother told her if her own mother left and never to come back for her, then no woman will ever love her with a motherly affection ever. Albeit, she hated her stepmother for telling her that, she was only a child then. But as time went by, Noor couldn't agree more with her. That's why she and the elderly woman folk never get along. Now at the age of sixteen hitting seventeen, not ones has she seen her mother not even in the picture. Her father doesn't talk about her and she never ask.

What annoys Noor the most is that some people just like bring to her mother up all the time. Constantly being reminded of the woman by her father's family and whenever she's being mentioned is by the grown ups relatives of her father who never get tired taunting of the girl since she was child. Sometimes Noor assumed they don't remember how old she's. Nonetheless, they're shameless and bullies and Noor wasn't any better.

With all she has learned from her family, Noor learned how to manipulate others and come out clean, with her angelic face she is like a dream come true kind of girl. She grown up into a disrespectful and rebellious teenage to anyone except her father, he won't even believe you if you told him so. She know exactly how to make people feel low of themselves. She left no stone unturned when it comes bullying. Noor is not religious either, so whenever she say her name she left the one asking astonished.

Tell your friends to tell their friends that Noor is coming back to stay this time, so fasten your seat belts and let the drama uphold at your disposal.

So who and who's excited to be with me as we learn more about Noorur-rahman's life changing journey to adulthood?

I am so excited.

So comment and vote lemme hear you.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Assalamu alaikum