The Chemistry substitute

Immediately after my foot come in contact with the floor of our new classroom, the chorus cheers go on and confetti were thrown in the air. Let just say I wasn't surprise because I was already seeing face who have another hiden agenda for congratulating me.

"Congratulations!" They yelled at once, a class of over thirty students. Gosh, I was flattered. I was now fully in the class taking everything's face into consideration. They will be a pay day for those who didn't participate, lucky for them they're only few faces like Alex and her group of other three girls.

"Congrats, bestie!" Ahsad said dragging me to the seat he chose for me. The third seat right next to the window which is viewing outside the school.

"It must have been great to have everyone's attention on you, Noor." He added.

"Not exactly, it's just that the school is yet to get over it." I turned to the rest of the class to express my gratitude. As some crack some jokes and make fun of each other, I seat on my seat and put my earpiece on getting lost in the music. 

The first period began with chemistry, Mrs Naomi was the one taking it and she is heavily pregnant now.  She could barely stand up for twenty minutes and I wonder what she's still doing not taking her antenatal leave already.

She had talk about Alkanoic Acids, as she go on briefly explaining the sub topics under it. It became even more boring, between the first day of school and the first period I don't know which is the most boring part of resuming to school early. Half the class where doing their own thing, more excited about meeting their friends than listening to Mrs Naomi talk about acids, and how tired she can easily become these days. I was among those that were secretly playing games as the period get wasted.

The second period roll in just like the first and the third one too, I don't think we learn much today. It seems to me that they're more focus about me than minding their business. That's the problem with me and my spotlight, I love it as much as I hate it. It's getting on my nerves already. And now if I misbehave they'll have other things to say about me.

And finally the third period was still in full force when the lunch break bell goes on all over the school. At once the class was empty leaving Mr Uche to himself. They was no such thing as overtime even Mr uche have to bear with it, the man will not mind using the entire break period over explaining his topic of discussion. Though, he wasted most of his-our time talking about back in the days during their time, what exactly didn't happened during Mr Uche's school days?

Goodness, the way teachers just like telling cock and bull stories of their perfect school days and good grades, one will assume they have never made any mistakes during their school time. It was ironic.

Though, I believe if Mr Uche and very few of his kind are still teaching in Pinnacle,  they must be a real talents. Or no one has ever reported them for their super story time during lessons hours. The man would have fit in one of those government schools just fine.

"Have a nice day, Sir." I says to as I exist the classroom too. If only he will do me the favor of riding the elevator with him again. But I know it's not going to happened so I left.

With a tight frown on my face I entered the dinning hall, which was pretty occupied with students of different class, one of the good things about this school among many other, is the food. My nostrils were welcomed with appetizing aroma of various dishes.  

I sighed as I look for where to seat and send for my food, I felt somes gazes on me. Yet I brush it up walking around majestically as I always does. Yeah, there goes my popularity.

"Isn't she the same cunning witch from the hostel back then?" I heard someone from behind me mumbles to the person they were with. If only they knew how sharp my hearing organs is, I bet they won't be talking about me when I am this close to them.