The New Family Member

No matter how much I try to insist that my life hasn't change, deep down I knew it does. With Abbah's new wife around, the house has became noisy, if she's not on her phone, then she's having visitors. And to say the least, I am sick and tired of their presence.

When Abbah said there will be a lot of changes around the house, I thought he was only refering to the house fittings. Its turns out that I do not only have to get use to seeing her face at the eating table, but also her presence in my life.

"Noor, lunch is ready!" She says again with that smile of hers that I begin to hate in the  two weeks since she was here.

"It's Noorur-rahman for you!" I said without looking away from my phone. And I think that's the millionth time I have corrected how she should call me. But it seems like she have a very thick skull to understand I want nothing to do with her. Being married to my father didn't formulate any informal relationship for me with her. 

"Okay Noorur-rahman, let eat together, I know it's lonely eating alone. Beside I cooked lunch today."

I sighed irritated, "It will be even much lonelier eating with you." Why does it even matter if she cooked the meal or not? There is someone that gets paid to do it.

"Don't you think it will be best if we get to know each other, we can even be friends." She suggested, excitedly and I look up at her with a grimace, then a snort.

"I suppose my name didn't appear in your marriage contract. So stop making me your obligation, I know when I am hungry. I don't need you for that. And no one ask you to cook, so don't change who cook my meal." And she looked shunned at my behavior, let just say this is the first time we are left alone. I have been staying late at school and by the time I returned, Abbah will already be at home. So all this time she have been seeing an angel walking around.

My abbah's new wife is just beginning to see who she's gotten stucked with. I could as well see her contemplating on her next word. She wanted to say something but keep mute. Well, no one invited her to talk to me. Now I can't even have a peaceful weekend with her around. Before she decided what to do next I was already on my phone.

And instead of her to just leave like has come, she sat on the sofa adjacent to mine,  wondering and stealing glances of me. Now she will learn to mind her business, if she doesn't want me being rude again.

"Hey Sad, let eat out! A parasite overtook our kitchen." I said through the phone and the noisy woman immediately turn to look at me, her surprised expression still haven't wore off.

"Okay bestie, but who is paying?" Asad asked, his excitement a bit down. I almost scoff at him, he want to go out but doesn't want to pay. He can be stingy sometimes.

"I will pay, but I have a condition!"

"Not again, Noor." I can also imagine his awful pout at the moment. Maybe even running his free hand over his head.

"Is either you get your brother to borrow us his car, or steal it. And I will also be driving." By then Abbah's wife, whatever her name is, is now drooling over me.  Because that will only explain why her gaze is staunchly fixed on me.

"What if he is not around?" Asad questioned.

"Then get your mom's."

"Noor, we are both underage." He reminded me of the obvious, so what if we are underag? Who cares anyway, the reason is that we both don't have a good driving license. Asad is not one of those crazy teen obsessed with cars, while I on the other hand, ain't obsessed or crazy, but just fancy doing it. And my dad won't let me. At least Sad is trusted to drive than me.