The Amnesia

Amidst the huddle of waiting for Noor's test result yet again, Isma'il have to tackle with being questioned by everyone around him.

"I don't know what you have against my son, but this is going a bit too far. He have been begging you for months to allow him to see Noorur-rahman, but you're still not allowing it." Maman Naana brought out a bit furious at Isma'il odious behavior toward her beloved son.

While Isma'il stood tall across the living room with Maman Naana almost fuming in front him, he have no proper way of explaining his reasons to her.

Well, it's yet another day that Isma'il held Mubin by the gate. For the past months he would always drop his mother there, though in respect to Isma'il's warming, he had stayed away. Yet recently, knowing that Noor is awake after so long, he couldn't hold still. He needed some closure, some assurance that she's indeed still alive. After all it's his fault that she's there.

"You can come in when you decided to tell everyone, why Noor is in this condition in the first place. You see your being sorry haven't changed a thing yet." Isma'il said to Mubin that afternoon.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. But I won't allow that, I'm sure your son understand that and I didn't mean to offend you in any way." He spoke in his usual polite manner, not meeting her gaze. At some point Maman Naana felt that was meant to disrespect and her show her how she doesn't have any right there. But no, with Isma'il obstinate attitude, she's beginning to think it's something else.

Auntie Jamila and Auntie Rabi'a were present to witness Maman Naana complained. It's about time! They also believe something was fishy. Though, knowing Isma'il well enough, the two women believed he have his own reason for doing that.

So when Maman Naana and Naana herself go on about their business, Isma'il was left with his aunties interrogative faces.  "Why are you so against that Mubin guy, Isma'il? Do you somehow feel threaten by him? I heard that him and Noor knew each other well, Asad mentioned." He only shrugged trying to avoid the question yet again, though with his aunts almost constant nag about the same thing, he's bound to spill the beans one of this days.

"This is not about me. I'm just doing what Noor will do if she's aware of everything." Which remind him that Noorur-rahman is still not out of the danger zone.

"How did you know she won't like his presence?" Auntie Jamila seconded Rabi'a's inquiry. For a polite person like him, his attitude toward Mubin is creating suspicion in their minds.

"I just know. And I don't feel threaten by him, it's just me using my cautious card.  Noor doesn't feel the same way about me, it's her choice after all, she can choose whom ever she want. All I want is for her to have a relationship where she won't have to keep proving herself to be accepted. But that's not the issue here, Mubin is a negative impact to her recovery, we don't want any set back." He clarified, making them more suspicious. How is he negative?

"There's something you're not telling us, Isma'il. I have a feeling that something went wrong somewhere, which is why we are all here." Auntie Rabi'a added, scrutinizing his face as if she though can find the answer there.

Both women are suspecting that something went terribly bad between those three, yet with Isma'il not saying a thing, there's no way to prove that, other than with his attitude.

It's the seventh week since Noor has woken up and her health is slowly improving. Her physiotherapy and speech therapy was already scheduled to start the next week. However, the recent event have put a set back to their excitement.

Though, she's became more responsive, and can now feel pain and have some conversations. It's at the cause this conversations, she referred her mother as the other nurse, confusing them all since she seems to know who everyone is.