The Open Secret

30th March, 2014.

School began before the boredom began to eat on Noor alive, there's nothing much to do. Ikhlas wedding was the only get away she got from the break. Now she do really miss Asad more than she could tell, with him around, she never lacks leisure. There's always something in his mind, he's so much fun. Nadia is fun too, but the girl got her own share of trouble. Noorur-rahman had warned her friend to take it easy else she'll fell into depression at the rate her mind is working.

That Sunday afternoon though, Noor misses her old friends, therefore she managed to arrange a conference video  call between them. She tried her best to get hold of Asad, but to no avail. Initially, she'd wanted to only talk to him, but results to the other option too. Hidaya too was out of the country with her family buying house furniture for her upcoming wedding.

Noor was sitting lazily on her bed with her tablet clutched between her two palm as she listen to her two girl friends nostalgic moment. "I can't believe you're getting married, Hidaya. God, I might even missed it, Daya!  How would I live with myself?" Sadiya whined on the device screen making Hidaya from the other end laugh.

"Her wedding is December, you might make it." Noor pointed, now that she thinks of others other than herself, she feels bad for the two friends. After all Hidaya and Sadiya are more close to each other, especially since they have been classmate for six years.

"I don't think so, Noor. I may not come home this year. My family decided to come for Umrah at that time. So it's hardly." She added sadly.

"Come on Sadi, you're going to make me sad with that face, but it's okay, I still have Noor. She's will be my maid of honor. And she will send pictures and videos. By the way, Noor has became a lot nicer, these days I hardly believe it, when she calls or arrange a meeting." Hidaya said that part so fondly smiling at her camera. There's a time she thought their friendship with Noor wasn't mutual, because Noorur-rahman care less about everyone. But the ever sensible Sadiya assured her that they  are not going to give up on Noor, ever and they loved her just the way she's.

"I'm glad you're in a better place, Noor." Sadiya smiled, she's glad. It reminds her of the day she made Noor her friend. It's back then when they stayed at the school hostel, they shared a room on their second. During their first year though, Sadiya knew Noor as the rudest and most grumpy person in the hostel. The girl that passed by everyone without any expression on her face. And whenever she talks it's to break your heart. No doubt about it, even Sadiya did not like her then, she hated her guts. 

Though, on their second junior year when Sadiya found out they're going to be roommate, she's scared to her bone. However, it had been a glad tiding. But before then Sadiya had tried getting information on how to be Noor's roommate. Yet, nothing came out of it, Noor's previous room was too scared to share her experience with Sadiya who thought she's entering a deadly zone. Of course she wanted to change room, so their house mistress asked her to exchange with someone. But no one wanted to do that exchange and since all the rooms had already been allocated, Sadiya had no other choice than to brace herself.

And one night over the cause of being Noor's roommate, Sadiya witness Noor in one of her lowest moment, awoken by a nightmare that put her crying bitterly, she's also shaking with fear and at that moment and without thinking too about it Sadiya had abruptly hugged the scared crying girl. "I'm so afraid to close my eyes, it still hurt even in my dreams." Noor had said while gnawing in her pain and that's how she learned her rude roommate have a trauma, she wouldn't share with anyone. Perhaps, the reason why she's so isolated in herself.  

"Isma'il is a miracle worker, Sadiya." Hidaya laugh sharing some stories of Isma'il and Noor that she's encountered. "Isma'il loves you, Noor. It's obvious now, the guy is all over you, I can't even imagine how bad it's for him."