The Accident That Didn't Happened

After what had transpired weeks ago in the kitchen, Noor had tried her level best to avoid Isma'il and in the process not letting herself gets affected by his confession. It's like those mere statements has changed a lot between them,  despite trying so hard to make it insignificant. Now every gesture Isma'il made have an attached meaning to it. And she can't even play dump about the fact. Little by little, he's making her confused at her own feelings.

Her school first semester ended a weeks back and all she do these days is help her new found cousins, arrange a wedding through a WhatsApp group chat. They found her ideas helpful even though she have never attended any lavish wedding before. Though, at some point she believe they're just being extremely nice towards her.

What's so amazing about all these, is how well she's keeping up with new people and things. The change in her is so loud and evident. She, herself is surprised to how few months has shaped her life in a good way.  Perhaps, all she's ever needed was that break. That journey to Sokoto had made her rethink of all her previous life choices. And it hadn't taken much of her time to finally drop that heavy baggage there.

Noor's glad she listened to Isma'il lecture of people being responsible for their happiness. For it's too much of a husle to make someone take that responsibility.  What if they failed to meet their  expectations. Therefore, Noor believe that everyone should learn to be happy with what they have and live with it. Because, from a while back, that's how she decided to live her life.

She sighed at the movement of Asabe in her room and with a smile caressing my lips, she returned her attention back to the book that have her hooked up in between its pages. It's the perfect definition of a true masterpiece, 'The other side of midnight' by Sidney Sheldon.

"It's so indulging, isn't it?" Asabe asked, now the woman is no longer afraid of starting a conversation with Noor. Because, now she don't have to fear the chance of being insulted.

"Yes, it's!" Noor smile was so bright on her face that one can truly see how beautiful and innocent she's. She's after all a girl that hide behind the mask of her pain, caused by her loved ones. Perhaps, now Asabe understood why the girl have always been an angel in her father's eyes, for he's never encountered the spiteful one. "It feels so good to finally read something out of school work. I thought I wasn't the school type, but look how invested I was." She laughed.

"Oh miss, you have always been very determined since I know you. Haven't you always been the best in everything from your secondary school?" Asabe reminded her of something she's always been proud of her for. Even though she was what she's back then, Noor has always been excellent in school. And she have no doubt that she will prosper in her higher education too.

"Not best in everything, I just happened to be good with numbers. But you see, I have never invested too much into studying like I did in the past months."

"I wish you nothing but success!" Noor only smile returning her attention back to the book again, while Asabe excused herself.

With new relationship formed and old friendship renewed, Noorur-rahman is no longer short of people to talk to. Although, some incidences during the school semester had try to hinder her forwardness to a better place. For example the sudden appearance of Mubin as one of their chemistry Lab invigilator, more like an assistant lecture who though most have a master degree to be fully recognized as one. Noor wasn't so excited with that, but she had to let go of it since she's on a gradual transformation journey.

Her phone buzzed beside her indicating the arrival of a new message. She sat on the bed folding the edge of the page she's reading and putting the book on her bedside cabinet. It's a message from Naana wishing her best of luck with her exams. Maybe, by now Mubin might have already told his  family about her. Noor replied back the message. She and Naana only text each other for the unknown reason. Though for Noor, she's more comfortable texting her sister than talking to her. Noor believe they still have a long way to go which might take forever.