The Shared Dream

"Dude, it takes you forever to invite me here. Did you tell them I'm sleeping over?" Nadia asked with poker face, then her brows rose questioninly.

"You're sleeping here?" And Noor was surprise but glad. Maybe she needs someone to talk to.

"Yes dude, I was literally dying of loneliness in that house!" She added dramatically removing her scarlet red abaya which reveals the faded jean and white top she wore beneath it.

"Woo! What happened to your dozen siblings?"

"Ask about me it! They don't have a minutes to spare for me, it is like they all conspired to stay away from me. I thinking they don't like me, Noor." She said dejected, throwing herself on the bed and Noor sat next to her, analyzing her claim. 

"Maybe they do." Noor said,  mimicking her earliest poker face. "Things like that takes time, you came from another continent, so it's new to them."

"I missed my mom!" Nadia cries.

"Buy a ticket and go home."

"I thought so too, but school is resuming next week. I came here for my dad but I only saw him thrice since this break started. Mom already told me that he is a busy man, and I won't get what I want." The bubbly Nadia look like a sad little girl and it's making Noor concern, its worries her how simple things as talking to a parent becomes this hard. Wasn't it supposed to be easy between  parents and children? Noor wonders.

"What's it that you want?" Noorur-rahman asked curiously after a while, now wondering maybe she had wanted the same thing from her birth mother when she went to meet her. 

"I just want to spend some time with him, but he is never around, the only thing I get is more zeroes to my bank balance, as if I'm so poor and I came for the money. I missed those moments he comes to visit me back at home, at least then we spent some days together." Noor only smiled finding no relation to her own case, her birth mother paid zero attention, she never visit or care. It's a lost case. She's given up on her.  

"Well, there you have it, girl. Your dad cares about you, at least he remembers you, even sent you money, and you said he used to visit you in the Britain. If I were you I will enjoy those zeroes in my bank balance and wait for him to come around. The man is a busy man, my dear." Noorur-rahman concluded making Nadia to scowl at her.

"It's so easy for you to said because you don't know how it feels like. You have grow up with your parents, your dad even drop you to school, my dad never did that for me."  Yes, abbah dropping her to school used to be part of their daily routine. Perhaps, to Noorur-rahman, that's nothing out of the ordinary. 

"You sound like an elementary school girl, Nad. Look, life isn't always sun and rainbow. Don't expect your dad to stay at home for you, just because you came from across the globe

"Oh dear, your mom is all over you and your dad is giving you the egg treatment. Noor, I'm just telling my problem and I just need someone to understand me." She added sadly feeling as if Noor doesn't care about her problem and she's her closest friend at the moment, not even her half siblings are giving her the time of day."

"Let go outside, the garden is pleasant." Noor suggested with smile

"Huh, I want everything pleasant right now." The two exit the room with Nadia holding her abaya in her arms, in case she needs to cover up. She's telling Noor how depressing it's to live in her father's house when they collided with Aunt Jamila in hallway.

"Is that your friend, Noorur-rahman?"

"Yes, Nadia." She simply replied as Nadia goes for a handshake with Jamila.