Storm After Calm

Yes, it's double💚💚💚

......

Early Sunday morning, when Isma'il came into the kitchen for his usual cup of coffee, he found Nabilah and Nadia there with the longest face ever. Both of them holding a cup of coffee to her nostril. It's Nadia's idea, she said the steam would allow them to wake her up. From the look on their faces, he can tell they wake up unwillingly.

"Good morning!" He greeted with his usual amicable face, but Nadia only waves at him and Nabilah greet him back . The event from last night is still etched in their head, making their brains dense. It's still a shock to them. 

"Everything alright?" Isma'il asked when the silence only seem to intensifies.

"Barely!" Nabilah answered taking a deep breathe.

"Why? What happened?" He asked casually thinking it wasn't anything serious, since both girls knows how to exaggerate very well.

"You tell him!" Nabilah said to Nadia yawning due to exhaustion.

"It's Noor! She had a nightmare last night and she's barely calm at the moment, she woke up around 3am, shaking badly from the fear. Aunt Jamila is with her now, we didn't get any sleep because we turned in late last night, then that happened."

"Oh I'm sorry for that!"

"Its alright, but your Noor is badly shaken by it. She said it felt so real and scary, she try to sleep after the first episode, but it only worsen." Nadia concluded finally sipping her coffee.

That only made him wonder if it's just a nightmare. At that rate, he's sure Noor will soon get her memories back, after all she isn't idly sitting and waiting for its returned.

Isma'il though, being Isma'il did not question anything or try to inquire about what she saw. He let it slide, praying for things to come with ease for them all. Last night, he's given so much thought to what Noor has said, and she's right. They can't possibly protect her from herself, for only she can do that.

Hours later, after most of the tension about the nightmare has died down. Noor sat in her room again, re-assessing what had occurred in her dream, trying to draw a point. She's in the middle of that when her abbah joined her in the room.

"Are you alright?" She nodded yes with a smile, patting the space next to her on the sofa for him to sit. When he sat down, she place her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Abbah!"

"Na'am!"

"We should go out one of these days, like we used to do it back then. Just two of us. One time you allow me to drive us."

"Then we should do that. You have been indoor for so long, but you drive us, okay. I will do that." They both smile at the fond memories. Thinking about it now, Noor can't help but feel that, the two of them have lonely for so long.

"Is that a memory, abbah?"

"What? The dream you had?" She nodded yes.

"No kitty, your emotions were everywhere last night, and you're thinking of the worse. It's just what it was, a bad dream." He patted her gently on head.

"But Abbah, could things be too bad?"

"It could, life is full challenges, Noorie. People get tested. But do you know what makes the wise ones over come those challenges and still smile?"

"No!"

"Prayers, du'as and supplications. When you make a du'a wholeheartedly, The Almighty Allah makes it easy for you. So,  don't go easy on your prayers and say a lot of supplications. Then, you would have to be scared of anything."