(19)

(19) 

5th May 2014

"Finally, we're home!" I exclaimed as I eagerly jumped out of Mason's car. 

"What? Are we that bad?" Nick replied. Now that Noah wasn't coming to school, we had enough space in the 5-seater car to be able to fit Nick and Luke in. Usually, Mason, Noah, Liam and I would ride together while Nick and Luke went with their parents. 

"Yes, you are. All you do on our rides to and from school is have burping competitions. It's disgusting," I said, walking towards the garage door with the rest of the boys in tow. 

"What would you say if your boyfriend used to do it as well?" Mason questioned, raising an eyebrow. 

"I would still think it was disgusting whether my boyfriend did it or not."  

"Fine, whatever, but we're not going to stop just because you don't like it." I shrugged my shoulders in defeat, knowing that there was nothing that I could do to stop them. 

I was walking past the living room on my way to check on Noah when I heard voices from the living room.  

One of the voices sounded like Kelly but the other voice didn't sound familiar at all. I walked back a couple of steps and peered into the room. 

"...organised a photo shoot in California to promote the new album, 1989," I heard Kelly explain. 

Why would she be talking about Taylor Swift's new album, 1989. I tried to get a better look at the other person that she was talking to but she had her back to me. 

The other person had shoulder-length, blonde hair that was styled in lose waves. They were wearing a casual outfit, consisting of a black and white stripy t-shirt and tight, denim jeans, finished off with a pair of black slip-ons. 

"Addison, honey, come in," Kelly suddenly said, making me aware that I had been standing there, staring into the room. She probably thought that I was eavesdropping.  

"Oh, um, I don't want to interrupt you and -" I stopped mid-sentence when the person opposite Kelly turned around. My jaw dropped and my hands flew to my mouth. 

"Omg," I whispered in shock. 

"Addison, are you alright?" Kelly asked. 

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the person sitting across from me. She was my idol. She made life worth living when everything around me was crumbling, and now she was right in front of me. 

"Come on over. I'll introduce you." Somehow, I managed to get my feet to move across the living room towards the couch that they were situated on. 

"Addison, this is Taylor. Taylor, this is Addison," Kelly introduced. 

"Addison, it's so lovely to meet you." Taylor Swift asked. Yes, Taylor Swift was right in front of me.  

I was one of her biggest fans. I had all of her albums, knew all of her songs and had a box of posters with her on them that I was yet to unpack.