(12)

(12) 

18th March 2014 

Once I had changed out of my gear, I walked out to Noah's car and jumped in. 

He leaned over to kiss me on the cheek. "What took you so long?" 

"I got offered a solo for the eisteddfods!" I said excitedly. 

"That's amazing, babe. You deserve it." 

I suddenly stopped and stare at Noah. "What?" he asked. 

"You called me babe," I said, quite embarrassed. 

"Is that alright? Do you not like it?" he nervously asked. 

"No, I love it. I would love if you called me that more often, babe." I smiled up at him as I grabbed his hand. 

"Babe, I would do anything for you, babe," he cheekily said. 

"Haha." 

Noah spent the rest of the drive home adding 'babe' to about every sentence. When we arrived home, I remembered that we were going to talk. 

We walked inside, holding hands, and headed towards the living room. 

"So, I guess we need to talk?" I asked. 

"Yea, come here." Noah grabbed both of my hands and guided me towards the couch. We sat down faced towards each other. 

"So, I start chemo in a couple of days and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Noah asked. 

"Yes, I would love to. I will be there for you through thick and thin." 

"Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me. So, basically I will be having chemo once a week to start with and I am going to be having it on a Saturday. Some days I will go to school and some days I won't because of the side effects." I nodded in understanding.  

It's going to be hard to get through the school day knowing that Noah was at home, sick, but I would get through it, and so would he.  

"Some of the side effects are nausea, vomiting, fatigue, hair loss, being weaker and increased risk of bruising. They are some of the side effects but just so you know, if anything out of the ordinary happens and I do it to you and it hurts you, don't take it personally." 

"Noah, do not worry about me, worry about you. I know what you're going through. I chose to be with you and being with you means going through the ups and downs, twists and turns. No matter what happens, I will be there for you."  

Before I could stop myself, I leant over slowly and placed my forehead on his. He closed the gap between us and our lips met. Our kiss was slow and passionate. He placed his hands on my head and I placed mine on his waist.