(9)

(9) 

2nd March 2014 

Pain. Pain was the only thing that I felt as I watched the paramedics carry Noah out of the house on the stretcher.  

Kelly was followed closely behind him with tears running uncontrollably down her face while Rob comforted her by wrapping his arms around her. 

Alex was crying as well, but he was completely oblivious to the situation around him. He was crying because everyone around him was sad. 

I found it quite cute and I would have smiled, but I just didn't have it in me. This pain wouldn't go away with a smile or reassurance from others that he would be fine; this pain will only go away when I hear from Noah himself that he is alright. 

Luke and Nick were trying to comfort Alex, but with no luck, and Mason and Liam were talking to each other worriedly. 

It felt like everyone and everything was moving around me, except for me. I was at a standstill in the room. This was like déjà vu; my mum, the fire, her death. What have I done to deserve all of this? 

I know that I should be the one who is comforting the others because Noah is family to them, but I can't help but feel breathless. 

I have that feeling inside of me where it makes it hard to breath. I hardly know Noah and this is how I feel. What does that mean? 

Kelly and Rob had jumped in the ambulance with Noah and that was it. They drove out of the driveway and I still stood there in the foyer, staring at where Noah had collapsed. The only evidence that was left there to say that this did happen was the vomit and blood lying there. 

I didn't know how long I had been standing there but I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and I turned around to see Mason. 

"Come on Addison. We're going to go to the hospital." I just stared up at him. My feet were glued to the floor; I was frozen.  

Mason took that as a sign that I was still in a daze so he guided me to the car in the garage. They already had Liam, Nick, Luke and Alex in the car so it made me wonder how long I had been standing there in the foyer of the house. 

I sat in the fold up seats in the boot by myself while Mason drove, Liam sat in the passenger seat and Nick, Luke and Alex sat in the middle. 

On the drive to the hospital, I just stared out the window. I just couldn't believe that this has happened. Things had just started to look up and then this happens.  

Noah and I are really good friends and I wouldn't be able to live if he died. I would do anything for him; he means the world to me. Wait, what did I just say? I can't believe what I am thinking. I need to get this out of my head. Noah is nothing but a friend, right?  

Once again, I was caught up in my own dazed state and didn't even realise that we had arrived at the hospital and Mason was trying to get me out of the car.