#3

#3

26th February 2014

Six boys in one house. I was going to be living in a house with six boys.

"Oh," I said, as quiet as a mouse.

"The girl thought she would be living alone with all their money," one of the boys said. I dismissed the comment, hoping that I had misheard what was said.

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that there were six boys living in the house but it wasn't going to deter me away from the Taylor family. This was my opportunity at a fresh start.

"I'm so sorry Addison. I just thought if we told you that we had six boys living at home, you wouldn't want to live with us and we just wanted to give you the best chance at a new life," Kelly said apologetically.

"Oh no, it's ok. I'm just a bit surprised, that's all." I turned to face her to show her that I wasn't mad at her.

"Oh, that's a relief. I thought you would hate me!" Kelly exclaimed.

"Not at all," I replied.

"Ok boys, introduce yourselves," Kelly instructed.

A boy with short, spikey, black hair, who looked as though he was about seven years old, eagerly stepped up first.

"Hi, my name's Alexander, but I like Alex, and I am seven years old." He gave me a big, bright smile at the end where I could see that he had lost his top front two teeth.

"Nice to meet you, Alex, and I can see the tooth fairy has been on a recent visit to you." I pointed to his teeth.

"Yes, she has!" he bobbed up and down excitedly. "I got $10!" his voice started to rise because of his excitement.

"Ok Alex, calm down." Another boy with black curly hair stepped up and held Alex down. He was quite tall and seemed to be in his young teens.

"My name's Lucas and I am thirteen and, uh, something about me? I guess you could say that I love art." He pointed to his dirty, white top which had all different coloured paints over it.

"Cool, I will have to check out your artwork. Do you prefer Lucas or Luke?" I asked. I didn't want to call him Luke in case he preferred his full name and not the commonly-used nickname.

"I don't mind. I prefer Luke but I won't hold a grudge against you if you call me Lucas." He laughed.

"I'll keep that in mind." I smiled at him as he stepped back, still holding Alex from jumping around. I think Alex has had a bit too much sugar today, or maybe he's like that every day!