10.2K 327 38


Oops! This image does not follow our content guidelines. To continue publishing, please remove it or upload a different image.


4th January 2027

I tossed and turned in my bed as I tried to get comfortable. I had been like this for a couple of nights now and the heat wasn't doing anything to help. It had been late 30's to early 40's this past week and it was only dropping to the late 20's overnight.

It's so weird how whenever its cold, all we want is warmth and whenever it's too hot, all we want is the coldness back. That is exactly how I felt right now.

It was only 6 o'clock in the morning and I knew that I wasn't going to be getting back to sleep anytime soon so I decided to get out of bed and have an icy cold shower to cool down before going to do the morning chores.

I peeled off my tight, grey tank top and my pyjama shorts before stepping into the shower. In no time, I had cooled down in the shower as much as I could and I was onto doing my morning chores. These had become a little bit harder over the last couple of weeks with my growing belly.

I was pregnant once again but this time, with twins. I was already 20 weeks and I felt like I was carrying around a full-term baby. I hate being pregnant during the summer. I experienced it a little bit when I was pregnant with our first child, Eleanor, but only for a couple of weeks, not the whole three months.

By the time I had cleaned the house, done the washing and made myself and Eleanor some breakfast, it was already 9 o'clock and I could hear Noah in the shower.

I went up to Eleanor's room and opened the door to see what she was doing. I looked over in the corner to see her playing with her doll house that she got as a birthday and Christmas present.

Eleanor, or Elle as we like to call her, was born in the early hours of Christmas Day. She was an easy birth because I was only in labour for a couple of hours so I'm really hoping these twins are easy births as well.

Elle looked up at me and gave me a toothy grin.

"Morning Mummy!" She dropped her dolls and ran over to me to wrap her arms around my legs as I slightly bent over to hug her.

"How is Princess Elle this morning?"

"I'm good! Can I have breakfast now?" she asked with her bottom lip jutted out.

"Haha, of course. It's sitting on the bench." As soon as I finished my sentence, she was off like a lightning bolt. She was a very energetic kid.

I waddled out of her room while rubbing my hands over my stomach. As I turned to close her door, I felt strong arms wrap themselves around my huge waist.

"Hey baby, how are the three of you doing this morning?" Noah grumbled as he placed his chin in the hook of my neck.

"We're doing just fine. How is my handsome husband doing?"

"He's also doing just fine because he has the most amazing girls in his life." I turned around to see him with a hopeless grin on his face.

"I love you, you know that?"

"Of course I know that. I love you too," he replied. He bent down so his face was level with my stomach and placed his hands on it. "And I already love these two girls in here who we are yet to meet."

When Noah and I found out that we were having another two girls, we were very surprised, considering he is in a family of 6 boys. But Noah and I were just as happy. Noah was looking forward to finally being around an all-girl family.

"I have to go to work today for a couple of hours but I'll be back at lunch. Are you going to be okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine. You go!"

He planted a kiss on my lips before going down the stairs to say goodbye to Elle. Noah was a researcher in trying to find a cure for leukaemia. He was also trying to become a cancer counsellor. He really wanted to help those that were going through cancer and those who had been through cancer.

I worked as a journalist on TV and I also wrote a few newspaper articles here and there. I was about two weeks away from going onto maternity leave so I was already slowing down how much work I did. That was why I didn't have to go to work today.

Once Elle had finished her breakfast, I sent her up to get dressed for the day. Elle and I managed to fill the time before Noah got home and when he did, he made us all lunch and we all sat on the couch to eat it. While we ate our lunch, we made casual conversation about the weather, work and what we were going to do for the rest of the Summer.

When we finished our lunches, Noah put our empty plates in the dish washer and came and sat back down on the couch. I leaned myself into Noah's shoulder while Elle sat on the ground watching TV.

While we relaxed on the couch, I sat and admired my family. Despite all of the sad times that Noah and I had been through together, I wouldn't change it for the world.

It's weird to think about life without him. My life has changed so much since he had become a part of it.

Who knew that living with the 6 Taylor Boys would end up like this?


Author's Note to come in the next update!

Living with the 6 Taylor BoysWhere stories live. Discover now