(20)

(20)

7th June 2014

"I'll get it," I yelled out to no one in particular. I jumped up off of the couch and made my way towards the front door. I opened the door to see Samara, Mikayla, Jade and Kylie standing there.

"Hey, come in!" I opened the door wider so they could come in. "What are you guys doing here? The party isn't until later tonight."

"We just needed to, uh, talk. Can we go up to your bedroom?" Mikayla asked.

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?" I asked as we walked into my bedroom. Jade and Samara sat on my bed with me, Mikayla sat on my desk chair and Kylie stood near the door.

"It's about that bitch, Brittany." My mind flickered back to the day that she confronted me in the hallway about Noah's cancer. That was one of the most humiliating days of my life. Now, whenever I cross paths with her in the hallway, she always gives me an evil side smirk.

"Do we have to talk about her?" I rolled my eyes.

"We know how she found out about Noah," Jade blurted out.

My eyes widened in shock, "H-how?"

I kept darting my eyes around, looking at the girls. We had tried for ages to find out how she knew but we couldn't find the answer. How do the girls know now?

"Do you remember when we were in the toilet the day that she confronted you?" I nodded, "And we were talking about Noah's upcoming appointment?" I nodded again. "She found out because she was in one of the cubicles, listening to us."

"And she didn't have the decency to walk out and stop us from talking?"

"You know Brittany. She'll get her hands on any gossip she can and that was the perfect opportunity," Jade told me.

"I guess you're right. We'll just have to be more careful talking about private information in the toilets next time," I joked. "Anyway, we were stupid enough to think that we could keep it a secret. It was going to come out eventually." They girls nodded and agreed with me.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Jade asked, changing the subject.

"I am. I can't wait to dress up and see everyone else's costumes!" Samara said excitedly.

"Samara, really?" Kylie rolled her eyes.

"What?"

"That's what you're excited about?" Kylie laughed.

"Yea, of course!" Samara squealed.

"What about meeting all those celebrities?" Kylie questioned.

"Oh, that too," Samara corrected herself.

"What are you guys going as?" I asked.

"I'm going as Cruella De Vil," Samara said. Since she was a kid, Samara's favourite movie was 101 Dalmatians. To this day, it still is her favourite. She's the kid of the group.