(24)

(24)

7th August 2014

I freaked out so much that I just ran out of the police station. I didn't know what to say to him. He had just told me that the person that allegedly killed my mother was his girlfriend. How was I supposed to react to that?

I ran straight towards our car in the carpark but once I got there, I let everything go. I slide down on the ground next to it. I couldn't do this anymore. What did I do to deserve this? I've had more lows than highs this year and I've had enough. I don't know what I did wrong to deserve all of these terrible things.

I soon felt some warm arms wrap around me and pick me up. I immediately knew that it was him. For the second time that day, I fell into his chest and let all of my emotions out. I had kept them bottled up for months and now that I had hit my breaking point, they were all flowing out and I couldn't do anything about it.

"I don't want to go back in there. Can we just go home?" I asked Noah. I now felt embarrassed thinking about how I reacted. I felt bad for Ryan, who probably thinks I hate him now. I just wante to go home and sleep it off.

"Sure."

That all happened a week ago.

Noah and I were the only ones in the household that knew about this whole situation. Kelly and Rob never asked where we had gotten to that day and they hadn't asked about Ryan either. I was kind of glad that they hadn't asked because I had no clue what to tell them.

Ryan had kept calling me non-stop this past week and I couldn't bring myself to answer a single one of the calls. I didn't know what to say. I had run out on him and never gone back in. He probably thinks that I blamed him but I don't, at least I don't think so.

I kept convincing myself that the next time that he called, I would answer it but when it started to ring, I freaked out and never answered it.

Originally, I had hated him but now that I had cleared my mind, I didn't know what to think. I know that it isn't his fault but he knew her! He knew Maggie!

"Addison?" A familiar voice from outside my door said.

"Noah? What's wrong?" I asked as he opened my door and leant against the door frame.

"You have a guest." I crinkled my face up in confusion, until Ryan walked out from behind Noah and my eyes went wide. I froze for a couple of seconds before composing myself and moving myself around on my bed to get more comfortable.

"I'm going to leave you guys to talk. I'll be in my room, ok?" I nodded but I didn't know what to do.

Ryan walked in and cautiously sat on the desk chair near me before talking. "Um, so how have you been?"

It took me a couple of seconds to answer him because I was still shocked to see him here. "Oh, uh, good. What about you?"

"As good as I can be."