(11)

(11) 

17th March 2014 

My dad was here, at the Taylor house. This was the person who had brought me to life. This was the person who had raised me through my infant years. This was the person who had supposedly loved my mother. This was the person who had left me at the age of five. That person was standing right in front of me. 

What would my mother think? What would she think about my father standing right in front of me when we haven't had contact with him for over 10 years? 

It felt like everything was at a stand-still; Noah was holding the door open, I was standing on the inside of the open door and my father was standing on the outside of the open door. There was only a few centimetres separating us. 

The person that was standing in front of me was the person that I had hated the most for leaving my mother and me to fend for ourselves.  

I don't even think it was reasonable to call this person my father when he had never been there for me. 

I know that Noah and my da- Ryan, were waiting for me to say something so I said the first thing that came to my mind. "I'm sorry. I just can't deal with this at the moment." 

I quickly turned on my heel and ran up the stairs to my room. I was grateful that I got up to my room, unnoticed. As soon as I reached my room, I shut the door and curled up into a ball on my bed. 

All I could think to do was cry. I was still in shock. This person turns up on my doorstep and claims to be my father. Throughout all of that, all I could think about was my mother. 

My crying got worse as I thought of my mother and it just hurt so much to know that she wasn't here with me. She wasn't here with me to help me through this and to help me make the right decision about my father. I just don't know what to do. 

I faintly heard my door opening and closing and I felt someone's presence in front of me. I opened my eyes to see Noah there running his hand through my brown hair. I slowly sat up and moved over so he could sit next to me.  

As soon as he sat next to me, I couldn't help but cuddle into him. I just needed to know that someone was there for me. 

"I don't know what to do." I placed my head in the crook of his neck and cried. I'm probably getting his shirt all wet so I hope he doesn't care too much. 

"It's alright, Addison. We'll get through this together." I lifted my head to face him. I couldn't help the smile that over took my face when I saw him. 

"Together, I like that." 

He laughed. "So do I." 

"Where did, uh, Ryan go?" I didn't feel comfortable calling Ryan, dad, out loud. I would rather just call him Ryan for now.