4

A thick beam of morning sunshine woke her up from her sleep. She blinked her eyes open as she stretched across the silky sheets. Letting out a tired groan, she sat up - attacked with a terrible headache; she collapsed back to the bed. The preceding night's event flows into her mind.

Blair sat up abruptly and scanned around the room, but he was gone. She let out a breath of relief. She noticed her clothes were intact and in a clean pile. Wow... a decent person.

The stickiness of her body caused discomfort as she came out from under the blankets. She looked over at the sheets, tiny stains of blood were on it. Shame washed over her; she had given it up so easily, and to a complete stranger. No one knew she was still a virgin, not even her best friend or her ex. She only told her ex that she would rather wait till they married. She wanted it to be with someone special to her, but that wouldn't be happening.

Sighing in defeat, she walked into the bathroom, careful not to create any unnecessary muscle cramps.

She entered the shower, allowing the lukewarm, soothing water to pour over her.

Once done, Blair came out and got a glimpse of her reflection. She then looked back and carefully took a full view of herself in the mirror.

Her body was filled with evidence and traces of him and what had happened last night. She carefully touched them; they were still sore. Her cheeks were heated as the memories came back to her more clearly. He was definitely not a little puppy. And how was she supposed to cover this up?

Blair put on some clothes and headed to the kitchen. She drank a cup of water, trying to subdue the pain, and went to the living room; she looked around and couldn't find Alessia anywhere.

"Alessia?"

"Yeah?" She heard Alessia's voice from her room. Alessia opened the door and came out with a bowl of cereal. "When did you come home?" she asked as she took a seat on the sofa.

"What? I've been here since you left me in the club."

"Oh, I guess I should've checked on you first," she said, pushing her glasses back up and taking a scoop of cereal.

"Do you have cranberry pills? I'm in serious pain."

"Huh? Yeah, I have," she answered, and went back to the room.

She came out with two pills and handed them to her. "Thanks." Blair swallowed with the help of cold water.

Alessia scrunched her brows as something dawned on her. "Didn't you say you came here after I left you?"

"Yeah."

"But how... did you?"

"Yep, I did."

"Oh My God!" Alessia screamed so loud that Blair thought she might've punctured her eardrums. "I can't believe this! You took a guy into this place?"

Blair rolled her eyes and smiled. "I'm still surprised that I just needed to get it out of my system to get over Kevin-"

"No, I meant YOU took a total stranger into OUR house! Why not go to a hotel?"

Blair's jaw dropped slightly, realising what she did. "Ooh! But it's no big deal though, nothing terrible happened."

Alessia sighed in defeat at her friend. "Just... next time go to a motel or something and be careful-wait, did you use protection?"

"Uh, as for that, I um... forgot to..." Blair's voice piped down when Alessia's eyes widened in fury and disbelief.

"You fucking dumbass! How can you even forget?" Alessia immediately stood up, ran to her room, and showed up with morning-after pills. "Take it. The faster, the better."

"I don't want to, it makes me feel weird," she muttered, pushing the pills away from her.

"There was another choice, but we seem to be far past that. Hurry and take it. We don't want an unwanted child in our midst, especially when the father was just a one-night stand."

"It's really not that awful of an idea. The guy is really handsome, so the child would be-"

"Shut the fuck up. That will not happen, you irresponsible idiot."

Sighing, Blair took the pill and swallowed it.

A phone ringtone echoed in the house. Blair went to her room and found out it was her mom that was calling. "This cannot be happening!"

"Who is it?" Alessia entered her room to know what the steaming was all about.

"I-it's okay. Dying is suddenly not so bad after all..."

"Oh, come on, it cannot be that insane."

"My mom called me, and this is the fifth time she did!"

"How did we not hear any-"

The phone rang up again, Blair and Alessia stared at the phone, none of them dared to answer.

Alessia took the bold move and snatched the phone from Blair's hand and answered the call; and was instantly verbally assaulted by an elderly woman's voice.

"Do you know how many times I've been calling you ungrateful child how could you be so ignorant of your own mother #"£¤$€θΩ₪!@ʳᵘᵇᵇᶦˢʰ ˢᵉⁿᵗᵉⁿᶜᵉˢ@ §&+¿៛+"*'%*^¨½¨>!#-"

"Ma'am, it is Alessia."

The other end was silent.

"Oh, sweetie~. How have you been? I hope my daughter is not causing much trouble."

"I'm doing great, and Blair is staying out of trouble."

"Hand her the phone, darling. Let me speak with her."

Alessia hesitated, but Blair took the phone.

"Good morning, mom."

"What's so good about the morning that I have to call you six times before your FRIEND answers instead of you, huh? You haven't called me for an entire month, do you not care about your own poor mother's well-being? Anyway, come here in 20 minutes, your father and I are waiting." And with that, her mother hung up. The room went silent after that.

"Blair-"

"It's fine, I'm used to it now. I should hurry." Alessia looked at her with sympathy, and Blair smiled. "Why are you sad? You're not the one going through this."

Blair got a hold of a turtleneck blouse and headed out.

15 minutes later, Blair was standing in front of her parents' house. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

The door opened to reveal an elderly woman in classy and stylish clothes.

"Took you long enough to come," the woman sneered, sizing Blair up and down.

"Sorry about that," she said as she entered the house. Blair went down the hallway to the living room. There, she met her dad. "Hey, dad," he looked up at her and went back to what he was doing without saying a word. At least they seem to do alright.

"Do you know how long we have been waiting for you?"

Blair turned around and saw her older sister, Evangeline, waddling toward Blair with her month due pregnancy. "But I came early."

"Thank god you did; he could've been here at any moment."

"Wait, who?"

There was a knock on the door. Blair's mother rushed to the door with excitement. Who was coming?