34

She got up the bed as usual and did her normal routine.

She tried her best not to be disappointed, but she couldn't help it. Why didn't Ameo stay? Blair knew he had work to do, and her demanding that may be too much to ask and it might disrupt his work schedule.

Throughout the whole day, Ameo was nowhere to be found. She asked Alina for his whereabouts, but she said that he was in the company.

Blair's heart became heavy, did he decide to go back to the company and work from there? Was he avoiding her all over again?

Those questions were not answered until at five in the evening, Alina and a few workers entered her room.

She slowly sat up from her bed and paused the movie she was watching before looking at them, wondering what they might do here.

Alina was the one to confirm their visit to her room. "Master Adler had ordered us to prepare you for dinner. We hope you don't mind, Miss."

"Oh, it's fine. Did he tell you why?"

Alina shook her head. "I don't think we have the right now to do that. You can ask him directly once we are ready to leave."

Blair nodded and let them do whatever they wanted. She remembered the last time she was treated like this. Ameo wanted me to see his sister. It has been six months and he has changed his attitude towards her now compared to then. Was this a family event? That could make sense.

They dressed her up in a night blue dress that favoured her pale skin; it stopped at her knees. The black leather waistband gave her distinctive shape, with the layered skirt of the dress that shimmered when she moved. Her captivating orange hair was pulled back in a braid that reached just above her butt, there were no accessories. There were some curly short hair strands that couldn't be pulled back with the rest, and so they let go as it flattered her round face.

Her makeup was simple and they made sure that her freckles were visible. She did a small twirl in the mirror and caught a waft of strawberries and vanilla, which they literally drenched her in.

She wore cute black T-strap pump heels that completed her entire outfit. They were comfortable and, despite her being insecure about her below average height; the heels made her feel taller.

Alina and the workers escorted her out of her room and out of the mansion. Blair wondered where Ameo was but just obliged to just enter the empty car that took her to an unknown location.

Few minutes passed and the car came to a halt and the car door was held open for her. She stepped out and thanked the driver; he said nothing but nodded in acknowledgement.

She looked up at the place and it was a very well-known restaurant, but why would he bring her here? Won't there be gossip or something? He was known for his limited publicity and heavily guarded privacy, people liked that about him; it made him look mysterious. So, anytime he appeared in well known public areas, people would talk about it and create theories about it. Or at least that was what she read in articles and blogs about him any time she's bored at home.

Home.

That place was her home now, she had nowhere else to go.

She entered the luxurious reception, they must have been informed about her because they took her to the private section in the VIP area.

Blair was later let go and would have to wander off by herself. But it didn't take long and she saw a very familiar figure, sitting by the window, staring into the beautiful city underneath.

He must have sensed someone watching him because he looked over to the direction and met her eyes.

Ameo took in her appearance and must say that he chose the right dress for her. The off-shoulder straps and her pulled back hair looked good on her as it exposed her slender neck and soft shoulders.