37

A flash of light lit up her room with roars of thunder soon followed. Her body trembled as sheets of rain crashed against the window. No matter how much she tried, her heart refused to calm down. She tried breathing exercises, counting, closing her eyes and shutting her ears; but nothing worked.

She hated the rain, the thunder, and lightning coming from the dark clouds. It disturbed all her senses, drowning her in an endless pit of fear and terrifying memories. She tried so hard to forget them, to not let them control her, but it never worked.

Blair just wanted this to be over. She even wished that Ameo was here with her, she has been avoiding him for a week now. Despite his extreme advances, she always managed to push him away; or rather, he let her push him away.

She just wanted all this to be over, hoping that the long night would end.

Meanwhile, Ameo was in his room, looking outside the window and deep in thought.

Days had passed and Blair had been actively avoiding him, much to his frustration. Even after his confession, she was still difficult. He glanced at his empty wine glass in his hand; he had the urge to smoke but used the drink to quench it instead.

Ameo looked over to the table and the bottle was empty. He really needed more drinks.

He headed downstairs where the massive living room and his study were... as well as Blair's room down the hallway.

Ameo stared at the corridor, his eyes narrowed to her door. She had been there for a while, never leaving the place whenever he was around. After pondering over the thought of confronting Blair, he shook his head and went to take a bottle of wine; it was late at night anyway, she should be asleep by now.

That wasn't the case as Blair slowly opened the door to her room, letting her bare feet get used to the cold floor as she stepped into the hallway. She felt her pride wither; she was the one avoiding him, now she had the audacity to look for him. Really? But she desperately wanted to see Ameo, she didn't want to be alone, especially not in a time like this.

Tiny footsteps came towards his direction. He turned around to see Blair wrapped in a fluffy blanket that was way too big for her small figure.

"Ameo..."

His name came out as a whisper as she stood behind a pillar, looking at him like a lost puppy seeking guidance.

Ameo let his eyes linger on her for a moment before he finally spoke. "What is it, doll?"

Her expression softened by the sound of his soothing voice. She thought he would be mad at her for ignoring for the past week.

A thunderbolt struck and Blair let out a shriek, immediately tightening the surrounding blanket. She restrained her sobbing, but tears betrayed her and fell down her cheeks.

Watching tears run down her face caught Ameo by surprise. Why would she be crying in the middle of the night?

The sound of thunder rolled through the clouds just made her situation much worse. Her pulse rapidly increased, she could hardly breathe. Her breathing was now forced.

Her body trembled in fear, and that was when he knew she was afraid of stormy weather. Ameo took a few steps forward but stopped, he looked at her and noticed she wasn't moving away. This encouraged him to move toward her until he was right in front of her. She wasn't avoiding him, not this time.

"Go back to your room." She stared up at him in shock, her lips parted to something, but he interjected. "I'll be with you, don't worry," he said like he could read her mind before he grabbed her hand from under the blanket.