86

Ameo watched Blair as she lay there unconscious on the hospital bed."What's wrong with her?" he asked the family doctor, Victor.

"She's stable for now but it seems... she just had a miscarriage and has been pregnant well over 23 weeks now, so it had a bad effect on her. It seems she wasn't aware either"

"A... miscarriage..." Ameo stared at him for a fleeting second before resuming gazing back at the sleeping Blair. "Oh."

"And her body is not in good shape at all–what did you do to her or what have you been doing to her, rather?"

"What do you mean–"

"She has to undergo reconstructive surgery, Ameo," he said, cutting Ameo off. "Stop whatever you are doing to her. It will not end well for you and her."

But Ameo didn't seem to listen. "Will she get better? Can you fix her?"

Victor looked at Ameo with eyes of disgust and anger but didn't allow it to come to his face or be shown in his voice. "She may or she may not, it's all up to her. As long as she's well taken care of, she will be alright... eventually,"

"Okay. You can leave," Ameo said, ignoring the doctor's warning as his eyes were glued to Blair.

Who would have thought that Blair would end up pregnant, although it was expected since no contraceptives were involved. Anger boiled within him, anger toward her. It had been over 4 months since he caught her fucking another man, and now she was 23 weeks old. She was over four months pregnant. It could've been anyone's child.

"Sir?"

"What is it?"

"There's something I need to tell you. It's very important."

"And what's so important?" Ameo's gaze shifted from Blair and he glared at Philip.

"It's about Blair, sir."

Ameo looked back at her. "Let's talk about it outside." Both walked out of the room and down the hallway. "So what about her?" he asked as they reached the waiting room.

"I found some footage about the night you caught Blair with the man–"

And his rage filled him once again as the memories of that night event flooded his sight. "Philip, I don't want to listen to this. The more you remind me, the angrier I get, so stop it."

"But sir–"

"That's enough! I don't want to hear it!"

Philip stood there silent as Ameo walked away, unbeknownst to him that the information Philip had would remove any misunderstanding.

Two weeks later, Blair woke up, her gaze looking up to the white ceiling of the hospital. Her eyes scanned the room and she was alone.

Her hand immediately touched her belly and it was completely flat. A single tear ran silently down her cheek with the realisation that her baby was gone.

A few hours later, a nurse came in and notified the doctor she had woken up. The doctor came in, and sure enough, Blair recognised the doctor to be the same one that helped when she fell off the maze wall and hit her head. Her heart then stopped, isn't he Ameo's private doctor as well? Her heart quickly sped up, blood rushed to her head, making her light-headed. Was Ameo still around, had he found that she was pregnant? Was he going to get her pregnant again? Was he going to make her stay here forever? Was this the end of her? She didn't want a child, not with him, not with him, not with him. Not with him!

And before she knew it, she began to hyperventilate, entering a full-blown panic attack. The nurses tried to calm her down. She was too caught in her distraught loops of erratic thoughts. Her vision has become disjointed, to the point of identifying the nurses as none other than him. That man.

"P-please stay away from m-me! I d-don't want this anymore!" She tried pulling herself up from the bed, heading to the door. But they took her back to the bed, which was easy because of her insane loss of weight and her not having any more strength to fight back because of it. Suddenly, she felt a sting on her arms before her body relaxed and her mind was at peace. It didn't take long before, in only a few seconds, she entered slumber.

Ameo was informed Blair woke up but was required to take anaesthesia because of her violent panic attack. The doctor had told him that she was at an unhealthy weight and needed to take medicines and proper food for at least a week before she was strong enough to handle the surgery.

Three days later, the doctor contacted him and stated that Blair was awake, however; she was refusing to eat or and take any medication. She kept vomiting anything that entered.

Frustrated, Ameo marched into the hospital. He opened the door; he demanded the medicine and ordered everyone to leave. The doctors and the nurses did as they were told and scurried away from the room, closing the door right after.

Once they were alone, silence suffocated the large room. This was the first time in over two weeks since she had seen Ameo, and didn't know how to react. Why was he here? What did he want to do to her now that they were alone? Did he want to confront her regarding the pregnancy? Had he figured out that she knew for a while?

Blair wanted to shrink into the bed as he came closer and took a seat on a chair next to the bed.

Instead of hurting her, he put the medicine into the food and brought a scoop to feed it to her.

She shook her head. "I-I don't l-like it. Can you p-please give me s-something e-else?" Her voice went over a quiet whisper.

"You will take it."

"B-but I d-don't wan–"

Ameo shoved her back to the bed, threatening that he would have his way with her right here and now if she didn't take it.

"There is no one here, metolla. They all work for me, I can have my way with you here and do whatever I want to you and everyone will ignore your screams."

Fear came through the surface of her eyes.

"You better fucking take this or you'll regret it severely and I don't care how it would affect you. That would be the doctor's job to handle."

Blair slowly parted her lips to eat it, but he didn't even wait before shoving the spoon inside. She ate the scoop of food mixed with medicine Ameo gave her, tears flooding down her eyes. Ameo smirked, a wicked smile tugging the corners of his lips as he caressed her wet cheek.

"Good girl."

From that day on, Ameo came every day to force her to take the medicine and eat food. He hadn't tried to do anything else to her which was a relief. He had ordered nurses and guards to watch her at all times; she had no alone time in case she would attempt to vomit the food and medicine given to her.

On the day before the surgery, Ameo had already left Blair for the evening after forcing her to eat yet another meal at the hospital when his phone rang.

He picked it up and it was Philip on the other end of the phone. "Yes, what is it?"

"Blair is innocent, sir."

A heavy silence filled the vehicle.

"What did you say?"

"I've sent you a video to your laptop."

Ameo then pulled out his laptop and it showed video footage of Blair talking to Belladonna before entering a room that turned out to be a closet. Soon, a stranger came into view and closed the door as soon as Blair entered and locked her inside. Alongside it, there was another footage of 'Blair' with a man, and Ameo finding out.

"Why are you showing me this, Philip?" Ameo asked him on the phone, his voice just over the edge of fury.

"Look at the time stamp of them: they are just under 30 seconds apart; these two scenarios happened almost at the same time."

"What...?"

"Belladonna and Alina were the ones behind everything. Blair wasn't even on the scene and had no clue of what happened at all. Sir, I genuinely don't know what to say to you. Even if she did this, what you have been doing to her is ten times worse."

The call cut silent, the car's engine filling the empty space as Ameo watched the videos over and over again.