41

Staring at the ceiling, Blair thought about her life until it reached this point. In just one day, everything she knew and was familiar with changed.

Her relationship with Ameo has changed as well. She felt they were going fast, but he was never pushy, he only told and showed his interest to her.

She let out a sigh; it has been days since she left the residence with no guards. Security has increased and Ameo never left her from his sight unless she was in her room. Blair said he was overreacting, but it didn't stop him, nonetheless.

She left the room after laying in bed for hours. The living was empty, Ameo must be still working in his study. She headed to the kitchen to grab some water.

A short moment later, Ameo came out of the office and saw Blair attempting to take a cup. He followed her with his eyes as she managed to open the cabinet of glass cups. She reached up and her shirt lifted a bit.

His eyes snapped to her exposed skin. She could have just asked him to do it instead.

Blair tensed when two strong hands held her torso.

"How are you doing today?" His lips touched her neck.

She shrugged, ignoring the way her body responded to him. "Just the usual."

"And which is...?" His arms squeezed her waist.

"I'm just bored."

"Then you won't mind coming with me to an auction?" He had to keep his promise with Andrew and show everyone that she was off limits; that she was his.

Blair looked back at him, her eyes glowing with excitement. "Yeah, I don't mind!" She was ecstatic, she could finally leave the house, it has been so long.

Ameo's lips curved up a bit, something hiding behind it. "Oh, I'm sure you do."

Blair looks at him, a bit puzzled. "Why did you say it like that?"

"Well... you can say I'm quite happy."

In the next few days, words had spread among the workers that master Adler was finally bringing someone to an important event. They were excited about something happening out of the ordinary, but worried things could easily turn for the worse.

Blair stood at a footstool as the maids scurried around, subtle smiles on their faces. She didn't understand why they were so excited.

"Natal."

Natal was measuring her when she looked at Blair. "Yes, miss?"

"Ameo is going to an event with a companion. Is that a big deal?"

Natal looked up at her, a bit surprised. "You don't know?"

Blair shook her head.

Natal looked around before leaning closer toward Blair. "Master never brought a partner to an auction or any events for the past nine years."

Blair nodded, she sort of knew about that. "Yeah? What about it?"

"Well, for him to bring you, that could only mean one thing."

"Which is...?"

"That he's showing you off as his possession, as his own. And you accepting to go with him is agreeing that you are his now," she said, not over a whisper.

Blair's brow furrowed, slightly offended. "I'm not an object."

Natal shrugged before continuing with the measurements. "You may be right, but that still doesn't change the fact it's true in his eyes and others."