1

Blair reached for her ringing phone, it was a call from her good friend and housemate. "Yeah, what is it?" she answered, taking the phone to her ear.

"Are you still in bed?"

Blair became silent.

"For the love of all things that are holy, can you just get over him?"

"N-no, Alessia, I can't yet," she sniffed, tightening the covers surrounding her.

The other end was quiet for a moment.

"Look, I know it sucks, and it can hurt a lot. But you need to move on, please? Even just for my sake, at least."

Blair thought for a bit. "Yeah, you are right. I want to get drunk and forget my problems, even for a minute. Come with me for a night out."

"I don't see if I can, besides I don't want a hangover the next day."

"Please, I don't want to go alone."

"I'm not sure. It depends on when I finish work tonight. I will most likely work overtime."

"Fine," Blair said, sitting up from the bed.

She glanced at the time and it was 10:13 am. She suddenly felt like she was forgetting something.

"Alessia, are you sure I have a day off on my shift today?"

"Uh, yeah? I think so, let me check." Pages were being flipped through the phone. "Yeah, no. You better come now, Blair. He won't be so happy with you."

"W-wait, what?"

"I have to go now, break time is over. Come to work. Now."

And just like that, Alessia hung up the phone.

Blair sprang up from the bed and straight to the shower; she came out, putting her clothes on. She broke three rubber bands in the progress of putting her vibrant curly hair into a hurried bun or something similar to a bun. Blair wore a scrunchy instead, strong enough to contain her not washed wild hair.

She rushed out of the house, got into the car, and hit the road.

Blair reached her destination and headed to the back of the restaurant. She opened the squeaky door, looked around and snuck in.

"Blair." She shut her eyes and let out a sigh. An elderly man was standing by a door with a frown on his face and crossed arms.

"Good morning, Mr Warren! How's your family? Last time I met your wife, she was as beautiful as the enchanting morning sunshine."

"I recognize she is beautiful and have known that for over twenty years now. There's no need to remind me every time you are late..." He checked his phone. "For the fourth time this past month," he said, glaring at her.

Her shoulders slumped in defeat. "I know and I'm sorry, this is the last time, please?"

"You've done this so many times to where I'm starting to re-examine why I still let you work here," he said, rubbing his forehead, drained by her repetitive late comings.

"I won't do it again, I promise, pretty please?" she reassured, looking at him with her doe-like eyes.

He gave in and sighed. "Hurry, you are lucky that you're my daughter's friend, otherwise I might have fired you by now." Blair beamed and scurried away.

She entered the employee's locker room, putting on her server apron, and headed out to serve the guests.

Alessia smirked and shook her head of brown locks as she saw Blair coming out from the locker room. "Seems like you survived for another day, too."

"It happens when you are friends with the Boss' daughter," Blair responded, grinning, and shrugged casually.

Hours later, Blair finally cleaned up the last table that out-of-control children and spineless parents messed up. She headed out around 10 o'clock in the evening and Alessia was outside, waiting for her.

"I thought you would work overtime," Blair said, wrinkling her brows, and walked up to Alessia.

"I just used it as an excuse to not go with you."

Blair rolled her eyes at her friend's response. "Well, that's very nice of you," she stated sarcastically. Blair then noticed Alessia's saddened face. "What happened?"

"My all-time crush just mentioned to me she's got a girlfriend."

"Oh, honey." Blair embraced her in her arms. "You should've told her your feelings, maybe things could have worked for the both of you." She stroked her sobbing friend on the back.

Alessia then abruptly pulled away. "Do you know what?"

Blair stared at her, surprised by her sudden change of emotion. "W-what?"

"Let's get drunk."

Minutes later, Blair and Alessia reached their house. Both of them immediately started looking for something to make themselves feel special.

Blair took out a green sequin dress and looked in a mirror. "You think this will look good?"

Alessia looked up from the heap of clothes and shrugged. "Yeah." And continues digging. Blair glares at her non-cooperative brown headed friend.

"Is that it? You won't say anything else?"

Alessia looked up again and raised an eyebrow. "What should I say? We are partying to have some fun and fuck philosophy for a bit, not dress to impress or get laid."

"Yeah, that's true, I'll put this one on then."

Half an hour later, Blair helped Alessia find a pretty blue dress. They entered a cab and told the driver the address to their regular nightclub.

They reached their destination, entering the club filled with loud music and people, and everything in between.

Blair searched around and found a spot. "Sit there, I'll be back with some tequila!" She raised her voice over the loud music.

Alessia nodded and moved to the sofas. Blair made her way to the bar.

"Hi, can I–um, can I have two shots of tequila?"

The bartender nodded and handed over the shots.

"Thank you!" Blair headed back to the sofa and Alessia wasn't there.