88

Ameo watched her for the next few weeks, and it didn't look like she was getting any better.

She would vomit more often than before, running to the bathroom and locking herself to force herself to puke everything she ate during the day. Her skin complexion hadn't changed either. In fact, Ameo couldn't remember when he last saw her healthy. Her stammering had worsened to the point she was ashamed to even speak and only whispered if necessary; she was becoming mute.

He hated it.

"Why is she still sick?" He could no longer hold his anger. Nothing was going the way he wanted at all.

"Sir, I don't know–"

"What do you mean you don't know? You are the fucking doctor."

The doctor almost flinched. "This is genuinely out of my control, this can only be relied on time and her will to get better. The mind affects the body."

Ameo's jaw clenched in fury. "If anything happens to her, your coffin will be buried not far from hers, do you understand?"

"Yes, I'll see what I can do."

"That's what you are supposed to do, doc." He stormed off, almost shoving people from his path.

And within a few days, Ameo's personal doctor found another that specialised in the mental health aspect.

Blair was sent to that unit for more diagnosis and the doctor concluded Blair has severe depression, PTSD and symptoms of paranoia and anorexia.

Blair started taking medication and was in heavy observation of the doctor and Ameo. But the psychiatrist soon realised Ameo's presence affected Blair's progression negatively. She had to convince him a great deal to give Blair distance.

At first he endured it, and during this time, he had managed to get a hold of Belladonna. He made her confess how she was involved in everything. He wanted to finish her, but that would be too merciful, a slow death was what she deserved.

And that was what she got. Within two long, painful two weeks, she gave up the ghost. His guard dragged the body from the torture room in the basement.

When Ameo was notified, he wasn't able to see Blair for an entire month, and it almost drove him mad. No one could handle his outbursts whenever someone made a mistake. Even Philip had a difficult time handling him, he was tempted to hope Blair would get well soon.

Finally, the psychiatrist informed Ameo's private doctor Blair was in a better condition to be in his care, but still had to be monitored.

"Is she getting better?" Ameo asked the moment he came to see the doctor, regarding Blair.

"Yes, she just needs food to strengthen her body and be at a healthy weight again," Victor said, and looked up from his notes. Ameo was staring at the sleeping Blair from the window, looking into the room.

"Okay, you may go now." He pressed the door handle, proceeding to enter. As the doctor decided to leave, Ameo called out. "Wait, have you told her about the miscarriage?" he asked over his shoulder.

"Not yet, sir, she–"

"Let it stay that way."

Doctor Victor looked at him in shock. "What? Sir, that's not right–" he began but was quickly interrupted.

"Be on your way."

"But–"

"Leave."

The doctor reluctantly left with no further discussion on that.

Ameo closed the door once he entered. He moved closer to the bed, his gaze never leaving his unconscious metolla. He took her hand, gently fiddling with her fingers before he kissed them. Her hand was so much smaller and paler than it ever was before. There was little to no life in them. He wanted things the way it was before, the way it should be.