20

Blair woke up in her bed, and to be honest, she didn't know how she ended up there. It was like her body moved on its own back to her room, but she could somewhat remember really happened:

It was already dark outside, with the moon and stars being the source of light. Maybe if she stayed awake long enough, she might see him and confront him...as if she had the right to do so. But she's curious about his frequent disappearance and the only way to see him is during night time.

She stood up from the sofa and headed down the dark hallway to her bedroom; she had to change from her swimming suit and robe before talking to Ameo. Blair dried herself off after taking a shower and put on some nightwear before detangling her hair.

Heavy footsteps connected to the floor at a slow, calculated pace. It must be Ameo.

Yanking a silk robe from the chair she was sitting on, she tiptoed to the door and turned off the lights before listening for any other sound, especially from Alina. Alina had already warned her not to approach Ameo once he came back to the house, as he had a tendency to be in a bad mood due to stress and would need rest.

But she pushed that warning away and went out.

A man was by the end of the corridor that spread to the living room. She slowed down her steps as the moon sky outside from the wall of glass lit against his back, illuminating his very large, sinister silhouette. She hadn't seen him for such a long time; it felt like she was meeting him all over again.

He just stood there, leaning on the window with glass wine in his hand. He was eerily still, not even moving a single muscle; just like a statue. Her heart shuddered when she saw the look on his face; he had been watching her silently all along. His hardened eyes and calm expression didn't give away what he was thinking.

Her breath caught up in her stomach. Alina was right, he seemed to be in a bad mood but she stubbornly wanted to know if he was avoiding her with the excuse of working. Blair didn't let it stop her, she walked towards him and came to halt with space still between them.

One thing led to another, and everything happened so fast. Before she could react, he grabbed the back of her head and smashed his lips on hers.

So many emotions burst in her; shock, surprise, horror, confusion. So many questions that needed to be answered, but Ameo was out already. Why did he kiss her? He didn't like her, but he did it anyway. Why? How stupid of her to think that Ameo wasn't that bad, he was clearly making fun of her; of how she had the audacity to ask about his whereabout as if she was in an intimate relationship with him.

Suddenly, a wave of shame washed over her, her chest tightened as her breathing struggled. She shouldn't have asked at all. Maybe she shouldn't have come out, then that wouldn't happen. She was wrong; if she never stepped out, if she never asked, if she never was interested, if she never acted so desperate, it wouldn't happen.

"Miss?"

Blair blinked back the incoming tears, forcing herself to the present. "Hmm? Yes?" She raised her eyes to see Natal in front of her, a worried look on her face.

"Miss, you've been staring at your food for a while and I have been calling you the whole time. Are you not okay?" Her brows deepened in concern.

"Ah, yes. I-I'm fine. It's just, um... something I'm thinking about, that's all," Blair chuckled, not sounding at all convincing. She tightened her hands around her tea cup, letting the warm heat clear her thoughts.

She needed to talk to someone about this, as it was leaving she conflicted and worried about Ameo's next move.

She abruptly stood up from her chair. "Natal, can you prepare a car? I want to visit Tina today."