77

For the next few months, there was silence. No letters, no strange behaviours from Blair, and slowly the letters were easily forgotten.

And before you know it, it was Ameo's and Tina's 32nd birthday.

Blair was excited, she hadn't seen Tina for so long because of Ameo and his weird, possessive antics. And with her persistence, he finally allowed her to visit Tina and their parents, helping with the event; especially to carry the baby as Tina barked orders. It turned out that it was not only a birthday party but also an important event of Ameo taking his father's place in the underworld. Many families from different nations would be there for the announcement.

Ameo waited for Blair by the car, they were supposed to leave in ten minutes, and Ameo, who hated to be kept waiting, didn't seem to be bothered. In fact, he was in a good mood.

The memories of those horrid letters were long gone as he stared at the simple ring in a velvet box. He wasn't sure when he should ask, in the event, or when they would come back.

He heard the light tap of high heels and then shoved the box into his pocket.

Ameo looked up and stiffened when he set his eyes on her.

She looked like she floated across the floor as the dress whisked it. The ivory fabric enhanced her long red hair, which was cast down in ringlets embedded with golden flowers. Almost like a veil.

It shocked him that the gown heavily resembled a wedding dress.

"Hi."

"Hello."

Her blush deepened. "D-do you like the dress?"

"Yes, I do." His gaze on her never diverted.

She smiled, looking down, and fidgeted with the skirt. "Alina chose this, it is really pretty."

"Oh, is that so?" Ameo glanced at Alina, who wasn't that far away. She bowed her head slightly, not daring to look at him. Still, he continued to stare at her, suspicious of her overly generous actions toward Blair.

"Yeah, at first I-I thought it was a bit too much for me b-but Alina said that it was okay."

He looked back at Blair, taking her hand. "It's ok. You look lovely." He then guided her to the car.

Once they came to the venue, the party was at full swing. People from affluent families scattered in the place.

Anxiety fluttered like butterflies in her belly. She had a strange notion, a sense of impending doom.

Ameo took notice of her certain pace of breathing and looked at her and she was inhaling deeply, her chest went up and down fast, and her grip on his biceps tightened.

"What is it, metolla?"

Her eyes jerked up to his. "Huh? Oh, yeah. I..." She cast her gaze to the floor. "I'm just nervous."

He glanced down below her face; the neckline was too low for his own liking. Alina knew he didn't like these kinds of clothes on her and yet she decided to dress Blair on these. What the hell was she trying to do?

Belladonna stood by the corner, she looked stunning in her black mermaid dress, a contrast to her pale hair, which made her blood red lipstick pop out. Her voice was reduced to a whisper as she talked to someone on the phone.

"Did she wear the dress?" Belladonna scanned the room to spot the red-headed thing in an off white dress.

"Yes, she's wearing it."

"Good, I have given the other girl a copy of the dress. This better go as planned because your own life is on the line, do you hear me?"

"I understand."

"Good." She didn't say goodbye before she hung up, not wanting another second with that person.

She continued to look around until she finally spotted Blair, but she was in the arms of Ameo. Seeing that made her heart burn with anger, how dare that grab what didn't belong to her?

Belladonna then smirked when she remembered the plan as she watched Blair innocently smile at the familiar faces. This would be the last time she would ever experience true happiness.

Belladonna admired how oblivious Blair was when dealing with Ameo. Belladonna also knew that the reason Blair hadn't contacted her was because of Ameo, he must have figured that she would do or say something to Blair.

It truly amazed her how Blair wasn't aware that Ameo wasn't what she thought she was. He was a very dangerous man. He was the devil himself. And he would go any length for someone to never forget that side of him. He was a wicked soul. Blair could never handle that.

Ameo and the other men at the party were called for a meeting, so he had to leave Blair on her own. "I'll be back soon, so wait for me," he said before he left.

She stood around and waited for him to come back, but after two hours, she was hungry and started moving.

Blair went through the crowd, some people had a bit of decency to greet her and others just ignored her, probably because Ameo wasn't there to monitor their behaviour toward her.

She then finally reached the food reception, and took some finger food and sandwiches. She took wine as well, but it was non-alcoholic. Ameo knew Blair would want the alcohol one if there were options, and so he made sure he ordered only non-alcoholic drinks.

As she bit into her food and sipped her drink, Blair's eyes lit up in recognition as Donna came into view, headed toward her.

She smiled at Blair's joyful expression that would soon turn to sorrow. "Hello, Blair."

"Hi Donna." She beamed, she finally had someone to talk to.

Blair watched her approach, oblivious that Belladonna would be the catalyst to her misery and doom.