51

Blair woke up the next morning with her entire body aching. Ameo had really done a number on her, taking her like a hungry man.

She turned to face him on the bed but met with emptiness instead. She quickly sat up, staring at the cold absent side of the bed. Her heart raised. He promised he wouldn't leave her, but now he was gone. He was going to leave just like he did before, perhaps even for long.

Her body trembled, tears streamed down her face. Blair looked around her surroundings; she gasped for air. She couldn't breathe.

None of his clothes were there.

He promised he wouldn't leave; he promised he wouldn't leave her again.

Refusing to let this be real, she sprung out of the bed and grabbed a massive shirt to wear; she didn't bother wearing anything underneath since it was covered by the shirt.

Blair ran out of the room and sprung to the study room, flinging the door open.

She halted. Instead of seeing an empty place that would confirm her assumption, she saw Ameo at the desk. He was writing something before he was interrupted and lifted his gaze to meet Blair's teary eyes.

Ameo frowned at the sight and slowly stood up. "Blair?"

Relief washed over her features, and she rushed into his arms. Her arms wrapped around him as hard as she could. "You didn't leave?" Her voice quivered.

"I promised I wouldn't, metolla." He stroked her hair.

Blair stayed silent for a moment before speaking. "Stop calling me metolla, it's annoying." Her face buried into his chest.

He chuckled, hugging her tighter. "I won't stop until you accept it, m.e.t.o.l.l.a."

He dragged out the nickname to frustrate her, and it worked. She huffed against his chest, but said nothing.

Ameo then noticed how incredibly soft her breasts were against his hard chest. He pulled away to have a better look at her. She was just wearing an enormous shirt that was his, and it reached halfway down her legs. Her very wobbly legs.

"Are you wearing anything underneath?"

She avoided his scrutinising gaze. "I just took a shirt and brushed my teeth when I didn't find you beside me," she said, looking down at the floor like a child being sorry for their bad behaviour.

"So there's nothing underneath."

She nodded. "I need to take a shower, I smell bad." Her nose wrinkled.

"Then let's take it together."

She lifted her head up and couldn't help but deepen the space between her brows. "What do you mean? Let's take what?"

"A shower. Together."

Blair thought he was playing, but his unblinking stare fixated at her face conveyed to her that it was not the case. Before she could utter a word, Ameo had carried her in his arms in bridal style.

"Wh-what are you doing?" She began to panic, trying to get off.

"Haven't you noticed your legs tremble?" He held her tighter. "And after what happened last night, you shouldn't be walking and standing for this long."

Her face glowed pink, and she stopped resisting, letting him take her to his room without question.

They both entered the bathroom and Ameo placed Blair on the toilet seat before unbuttoning the shirt. He unbuttoned them one by one, enjoying every little display of her soft skin; from cleavage to stomach and from stomach to her thighs. He wanted to see all of it. Because they were his only.