57

For the next five weeks, Blair had become familiar with the workers. They were fascinated by how she was the stark contrast of Sir Adler and his blank, serious expression. They had also noticed how Alder didn't disturb them as much other than when he wanted to take Blair away.

Ameo had other issues at hand, he had meetings upon meetings to attend, he rarely talked to Blair during working hours but he knew she was alright; he had his guard to watch her at all times and report to him.

Ameo left yet another meeting a few hours later. It was frustrating to listen to complaints the people had and him finding suggestions to solve the problems.

His eyes moved around, trying to find his red-headed girl, but couldn't see her distinctive hair colour anywhere. Didn't he tell her to wait close by until he was done? Where could she be now?

He walked down a corridor and saw a large group of men surrounding a desk and he thought of ignoring that to keep looking for Blair. However, when Ameo came closer, he noticed red hair peeking through and he came to a halt.

She was smiling and laughing at the jokes that the men were making to impress her.

Blair was talking to a certain man when suddenly he went quiet. She noticed him staring right behind her; she turned around and came face to face with Ameo who was gazing down at her. He was clearly not happy. But apparently, she couldn't see that.

Ameo pulled her aside, away from them. "What the hell were you doing there around those men?"

"I was just helping one of them with an accounting problem, we were trying to find out what went wrong in the balance sheet."

"Oh really? You are good at it?" He was shocked, why didn't he know that?

"Yeah, you can say so," she said and smiled, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. However, he hated she smiled at that.

"I helped him to figure out what numbers should go in the..."

Something developed within Ameo, it was uncomfortable and annoying. Any time Blair was talking with happiness about how she helped those men infuriated him. He wanted her to stop talking about them.

"... and did you know that Nick–"

"You're learning their names already?" he asked, his voice had a hint of anger to it.

"Well, yeah, aren't I supposed to know their names? Besides, I prefer calling him Mr. Tilton."

He looked at her for a moment. He didn't want her to come to his workplace anymore, but how?

"We are leaving."

Ameo didn't wait for an answer and grabbed Blair by the wrist, leading her down to the parking lot with guards following right behind.

As they reached the car, he ordered the guards to leave and be back in a few minutes.

"Ameo, aren't we going home?"

"We will," he said and opened the backseat door.

"But the guards..."

"There's something I have to do first..." He leaned in and pressed his lips against her sensitive ear. "Didn't I tell you not to mention another man's name in my presence?" His voice dropped low and serious, with a hint of anger.

Blair tensed up a bit by his statement. She flinched away, cupping the ear that he whispered into.

She raised her eyes to meet Ameo's with caution. They stormed with so much ravenous hunger they looked as if they were set up in green flames.