93

That very next day, Blair fluttered her eyes open. She tightened her eyes again because of her throbbing ache in her head.

As soon as she was aware of her surroundings, something was touching her back. Was it Eveline?

Fragments of scenes from last night came to mind, and now she was on high alert. It was Ameo's hand that's on her back, brushing her skin.

Her body turned away from him as his fingers smoothed her hair and back.

Blair shut her eyes even tighter, pretending to be asleep.

The bed moved and his body heat burned her, his chest pressed against her back. Blair fought the strong urge to move away as his hungry hand touched and squeezed her shoulder. Which wasn't so hard since her body was already weak from what they, or rather, he did.

"So soft..."

Goosebumps erupted as his hand moved along the curves of her naked body. She pressed her eyelids together harder to hinder the muscles from tensing up.

He mumbled her name and his hand was placed on her stomach, stroking it at an unhurried pace. His breathing fanned her neck as he kissed it. He pushed her hair to reveal her sensitive ear and gave her multiple kisses on the cheek, all while his other hand was still rubbing her stomach.

"The babies will be as adorable as the mother." He snuggled against her neck, crushing her to his body.

Blair was getting uneasy, her heart refusing to slow its pace as she continued to control breath intake. She just didn't want to believe that Ameo had been doing this to her.

And him wanting her to get pregnant was getting too much for her; no wonder he never gave her p-pills or even used condoms. She wanted to ask him what was going on, but it was going to blow up her cover.

Her pulse pounded in her neck. She didn't want to see him.

"I know you're not sleeping, Blair." He nuzzled in her hair and kissed the top of her head. "Good morning."

When she didn't respond, Ameo lost his patience.

He yanked her shoulder, forcing her to turn and face him. "Why aren't you answering?"

His raised voice paled her features and when he noticed that, he dampened it.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear your voice and I was just upset you didn't respond."

"I-It's fine..." Her voice came out quiet and shaky.

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "That's good."

He pulled her against his chest, holding her naked body as if she were only a bag of meat.

Blair closed her eyes, wanting to savour this moment. She imagined him staring at her with love in his eyes, as if she was the only woman in the world. His hands, gentle and tender when touching her. He would never raise his voice on her. He would be patient with her and considerate of her feelings.

But that daydream ended when he dug his long fingers into her hair and clenched it tight.

Her eyes jolted wide open by pain in her scalp.

His eyes were in a storm of mania. "You are so pretty," he said before he tugged her head back and trailed harsh kisses from her neck to shoulders.

"W-wait, that hurts a-and I-I'm exhausted." Blair attempted sitting up and was pressed down.

"Come on, Blair, don't be like that. You're going to ruin the mood." There was no smile on his face, his eyes were empty.

"I don't want–"