32

Blair watched these women approach her. Her chest tightened in their presence, especially the one with honey skin, flattering her shimmering red dress which favoured her slender figure. The brown curls with highlights grazing past her shoulders intensified her deep eyes that seemed to stare right into her soul.

The woman in red said something in Imalic, to Blair's lack of understanding.

"Sorry, I don't understand Imalic. Can you speak Danuci?"

The lady smirked, turned to her friend to speak in Imalic, and they laughed at her comment that was unknown to Blair.

She turned to Blair. "So, you are not from here?"

Blair let out a tiny chuckle. "No, I'm not from here." The brunette eyed her for a bit too long to make her nervous.

"What's your name?"

Blair didn't expect her to want to know her. Maybe she wanted to be friends? "My name is Blair," she beamed. "And what's yours?"

"Duria. How do you know Mr. Adler?"

"W-we... just know each other." Blair said, puzzled why she asked with such an attitude.

"Since when?"

"Um, i-it has been a while..." Uneasy feelings engraved itself in her stomach as the conversation leaned toward an interrogation rather than a communication.

Duria scowled, and her dark eyes narrowed on the person before her. Duria scrutinised her from head to toe. She had round hazel eyes like that of a child, and her orange hair was untidy. It had tassels and tangles, like she was in a hurry to tie it. She wondered how Mr. Adler would want a girl like her. Her eyes lowered from the ordinary-looking face to the clothes and her frown deepened; the clothes the girl had on were limited edition and in high fashion!

Duria fixed her scowl into a pretty smile. "Wow, so you know, Mr. Adler. The clothes look great on you, your parents must be wealthy. Who are they? Are they well known?"

Blair looked at the floor. Should she lie? But they would soon find out that's not true. "I don't have any parents, and they weren't famous either." Blair cowered, wanting to leave this as soon as possible. If she didn't return now, Ameo would look around. A snapping of a finger on her face startled her, taking her back to the present.

"Hello, I'm talking to you. Do you know how expensive that dress you have is?" Duria's tone caused Blair to flinch, which caught Duria herself by surprise. This girl is so fragile. To have such a reactive response from a raised voice was something unfamiliar.

"I-I don't know..."

Duria watched as Blair fidgeted around. Didn't she know? She's wearing that, not knowing the worth of it. "Who gave you the dress?" Her voice was harsh to force out the answer.

"I-It was Ameo."

Duria couldn't believe that was true. How can someone like Mr. Adler do that? She had been following him for so long and yet he didn't even glance at her, but he gave an expensive dress to this boring girl. She even called him by his first name. So, it must mean they don't just 'know each other. Duria almost scowled at the thought, that timid face almost fooled her.

"You spread your legs to get that." It wasn't a question, rather, a statement.

"W-what? No." Blair stepped back when they came closer.

"I thought you were ordinary, turns out you are more than that," she said. Her voice strained and eyes flashed with contempt.

Blair had her back now against the wall, she stared at the women in front of her. She just wanted to go back to the restaurant and eat the delicious food she had always wanted to taste.