30

Time had passed, and Blair had grown comfortable around Ameo. She would visit his office more often than before, with no fear or cautiousness.

But in recent times, Blair had gotten on Ameo's nerve on purpose to see how he would react.

Ameo had travelled back from a one week business trip to an unpleasant surprise from Blair.

"What is going on here?"

Blair turned around. "Oh, hey! What's up!" She cringed from within when Ameo blinked at her sudden high-pitched tone of voice.

He looked around at the water-filled floor and workers in a struggle to clean it up. "What happened here, Blair?"

"Me? Why are you asking me--"

"I know it was you. Stop being an idiot and answer the damn question."

Blair hesitated a bit.

"Blair, tell me what happened." This time, his voice had a bit of anger in it.

"Okay, okay, fine, it's my fault."

He stared at her with a blank expression.

"What? I said it was my fault. What else should I say next?"

"I asked you what happened, not who caused it."

"Oh, I can explain. What happened is, I wanted to... clean, since it's so boring here doing nothing other than eating, which is also not a bad idea, but I can't keep on eating burgers and fries because it's bad for someone's health even if it's so delicious. And-oh! I read in a newspaper that they are opening a restaurant close by here, is it true?"

Ameo just stared at her, completely dumbfounded.

She tilted her head; her face portrayed confusion. "What is it? Why aren't you answering?"

A maid nearby face-palmed but looked around to make sure no one heard before continuing her work.

Ameo sighed. "I really wish to open up your head to look at what is inside. What's wrong with you?" he asked as he neared her.

Blair backed away. "But I already told you it was an accident, and no one got hurt, so there is nothing to worry about." She walked around a sofa to prevent Ameo from coming any closer to her.

"Blair. You are a complete, stupid brat. A talkative, very talkative, stubborn hellion."

"No, I'm not—"

A pillow flew in her direction before she could predict it, and it knocked her off her feet. She groaned in pain on the wet floor.

Ameo went up to her and crouched next to her as she was lying on the floor.

"So, will you tell me now what happened?"

"Uh, I just turned on the tap and closed the sink hole with the plug, then forgot it. An-and then this happened," she said, and avoided his gaze.

"Oh really? So if I ask one of them what had actually happened. Will your answer and theirs be the same?"

Blair stayed silent.

"Alina."

His deep voice cut through the air, the congregation nearby tensed up to the sound of it.

"You were here when this happened, right?" He turned to the woman.

"Yes, sir." Alina's voice was neutral and even. Though it was clear he influenced her by the clenched fists behind her.

"Did you witness anything?"