66

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh, come on. How can I not visit my second favourite person," Andrew said to the man before him. Ever since Blair had stopped visiting him, he had come here to know why.

They were sitting on the second floor, Ameo never allowed Andrew to go there; after all, he was an enemy. "And who is your first?"

"Blair, of course."

Ameo paused for a second before pouring himself a drink. "You won't be seeing her."

"Damn, what is she? A prisoner?"

He didn't respond to Andrew as he let himself savour the drink.

"It seems like a crime for her to look like that, huh? Just gotta lock her up and throw away the key," Andrew said and grinned.

"Yeah, or you can just lock her up and give the key to me." Ameo's lips curled up a bit, but there was a hint of seriousness in it.

Andrew narrowed his eyes for a split second but said nothing about it and just flashed a boyish grin. "My dear good friend, Ameo."

"I'm not your friend, Andrew," he responded bluntly, and Andrew decided to ignore it.

"Blair may be naïve, but she's, by all odds, not stupid."

Ameo drank the rest of the wine and his eyes zeroed in on his 'dear good friend.' "What are you trying to imply, Andrew?" But Andrew's whimsical smile widened more.

"She will notice what kind of obsessive, possessive, sick-twisted bastard she ended up with."

"No, she won't."

"Oh, yes, she will."

"You don't know her."

Andrew leaned forward, his boyish grin disappeared and replaced with a more serious and intimidating demeanour. "Even if she doesn't discover it, it will surface soon enough." Ameo tightly clenched his jaw.

Blair came around the corner with a bag of doritos and earphones. She removed one of them when she noticed Ameo's semi-distressed face.

"Ameo, is there something wrong?"

He looked up at Blair as she was coming up to them. Why was she here?

"Nothing's wrong. He was just leaving," he responded, and pulled her to sit on his lap before looking back at Andrew.

Andrew leaned back onto his chair and showed yet another innocent, charming expression. He began to speak in imalic. {I don't blame you, Ameo. You are what you are because of that woman–}

{It's time to go, Andrew. Now.} Ameo's voice carried a bit of venom in it. Andrew raised his hands in defeat and stood up, heading to the front door.

Blair followed him with her eyes. "Bye Andrew!" He waved a salute over his shoulder before disappearing through the doors.

She looked over to Ameo. "What were you talking about that got you upset?"

"Why are you here?"

"I was looking for you." Blair took notice that he ignored her question, but let it slide.

"Why?"

She blushed. "I... I wanted us to watch a movie together." Like a real couple. She wanted to say it out loud, but didn't know how he would react.

"Alright."

Her eyes lit in excitement before climbing out of his lap and dragged him by the hand, wanting him to move faster.