Chapter 40

DISCLAIMER: Sebastian, Claude, plots and characters of FSOG, Beelzebub, or OHHC are not mine. The plot of this story and more than half the characters are mine!

Thanks so much to my awesome Beta, Ninkita.

.

Chapter 40:

.

Previously:

Ana gazed deeper into the fire, the flames still licking and curling around each other, blazing brightly. Then suddenly…Grace shrieked, "Christian!"

.

.

Ana sat up instantly and turned towards the entrance of the penthouse. Grace was already barreling across the great room to the entrance where a dismayed Christian stood with a puzzled expression on his face. He was dressed in just his shirtsleeves and suit pants. He was holding his navy jacket, shoes, and socks. In Ana's eyes, he looked tired, dirty, and utterly beautiful. A sob escaped her as she stared at her husband.

Looking around the room and seeing his wife's reaction, Christian fixed a small smile on his face. He was careful not to let any real expression come to his face. He would only tell his wife, her demonic second father and uncle about what had happened that morning. After all, they were the only ones who would believe him. He deposited his jacket and shoes on the floor in time to catch Grace, who threw her arms around his neck and kissed him hard on the cheek.

"Hey, Mom," he greeted, hugging his mother back.

"I thought I'd never see you again," Grace whispered, voicing their collective fear.

"Mom, I'm here. I'm fine. See," Christian gestured towards his body with a smirk.

"I died a thousand deaths today, and look at that girl..." Grace pointed at Ana. "It was like her soul had left her body. Go to your wife!" she scolded, gasping and sobbing, no longer able to hold back her tears.

"Oh mom," he dropped another kiss on his mother's cheek, before heading towards his heavily pregnant wife.

Mia helped Ana up from the couch in time for Christian to come to a stop in front of her. "For a moment today….I thought I won't see you again….and that was the worst moment of my life," he muttered as he gathered his wife in his arms.

"I….oh Christian…I would've burned this earth down if something were to happen to you….I love you so much….I can't lose you, baby….please," Ana was crying so hard that it was getting tough for Christian to hold her.

"Sshhh, love…calm down. I'm fine now….sshhh…" He rubbed her back soothingly.

After Ana calmed down a little, Christian was hugged by Carrick, Elliot, Mia, Meghan, Ray, Andrea, and all of Ana's other friends…even Taylor and Gail. Everyone took seats, curious to know what had happened. But it was Christian who asked the question that had been spinning inside his head ever since he had entered the penthouse. "So… What's with the welcoming committee?" he asked as he looked around the room and took notice of each person's expression.

"First tell us where you were? Christian, you've been missing. Your flight plan….you never made it to Seattle. Do you have any idea how worried we all were? What happened?" Grace demanded as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Mom…let him take a breather first. He just came back," Mia interrupted her mom's ranting with a calming smile.

"Can I get you something to drink, Mr. Grey?" Gail asked.

"I'd like some water, Gail," Christian requested. He glanced down at his silent wife and saw the frown on her face. "Hey," he whispered. "You okay?" he asked, taking her face in his palm. Ana wiped her face and nodded at him. "I love you," he whispered with a small smile. Ana smiled and nodded, but stayed silent for the moment.