Chapter 14

DISCLAIMER: I just own the plot and more than a few characters… Nothing more.

This story is rated M because of Lemons, Violence and gory details.

My Beta, Ninkita, is amazing ❤️❤️❤️

/

Chapter 14

/

Like the day before, Christian changed into his workout clothes and with his bag, he started jogging for the manor. He decided to take the long way instead of the short cut. As he jogged out of the main door of the school, Christian looked through the trees outside the golden railing. The water was calm and it was one of those rare sunny days in Seattle. Smiling, he continued jogging towards the manor.

As he entered through the main door of the orphanage area, he suddenly started feeling that a few pairs of legs were following his. Without stopping, Christian turned his head a little and found three different breeds of dogs following him. One of them was familiar. It was that male dog that Christian recalled was Caleb's, that was being fucked by Bill's dog a while ago. Smirking at the dogs, he kept jogging down the street towards the manor but kept a sharp eye on them. Christian had never had a pet and he didn't recall ever interacting with a dog. So he was unsure about these dogs' intentions.

As soon as he stepped on the first stair on the manor, one of the dogs barked. Stopping, Christian turned around curiously. It was the golden retriever husky mix dog that was in the playroom, getting his hair brushed by Hope when Christian had joined Hope and Dusk two days ago.

"Hey buddy," Christian said in an unsure voice. Fleetingly he wondered how he could feel so insecure with dogs, when most of the humans in his company were scared of him.

The dog barked again as it walked up to him and stopped right in front of him. Resting its butt on the floor, the dog looked up at him with a strangely hopeful look. Christian observed the dog, titling his head before sitting down on the stair. He stretched his hand out and waited. The dog lowered its head and touched it with Christian's hand. A smile spread over his face as he realized that the dog wanted him to pet its head. Leaning forward Christian started petting on its head. Soon, the other dogs also joined the first one and kept pushing their heads to his hand for petting.

"Stupid mongrels!" said someone in a disgust filled voice.

Turning his head, Christian found Sebastian walking in through the short cut. "What did you say?" he asked curiously, thinking he might have heard wrong.

"I said, stupid mongrels," Sebastian said bluntly.

"You don't like dogs?"

"No...I have an intense hatred for dogs," Sebastian said, as he stopped by Christian's sitting form and glared at the dogs. "Humans tame them so easily. But it is actually the dog' fault. Doing everything to court humans, and gladly accepting a collar around their neck…It is a completely unfathomable concept to me," chuckling Sebastian continued. "While I'm quite a cat person, I really don't like dogs. Actually…I detest them," he said with a grin.

Amused by the man's random outburst, Christian kept on petting the dogs. "What's your intention about Ms. Steele?" Sebastian asked suddenly.

Christian looked up at the black haired man and said clearly, "I want to marry her." For a second, Christian thought he saw Sebastian eye glowing a bright red, but as he blinked and looked again at the man, Christian only found his reddish brown eyes. "Your eyes...?" Christian trailed off.

A smirk spread through Sebastian's face. "Don't worry about it. So...are you saying that you would marry her with her every secret?" Wondering why this man was saying this stuff, Christian nodded. "Even if that means...you have to sacrifice the chance of going to heaven? Are you sure you love her enough to offer your soul to the devil?" Sebastian asked in a taunting tone.