CHAPTER 40: HIRAN SOYAYA

"I know exactly your plan walahi but no problem. I will never bring up this issue again, do what pleases you" I said firmly.

She laughed before asking "what is my plan?"

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I answered her question with question.

"are you angry?" she did the same.

"I see no reason why we should be discussing one thing over and over again, so let just forget it "

"Oya I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" I asked sarcastically

I seriously don't know what to think. I fail to understand why she was treating me that way, maybe because she knew I love and care about her so much.

Ever since she said yes, she has been avoiding me. No matter how much I begged her to allow me visit her, she refused. She claimed she was writing exams which I reasoned with her because I don't want to be her source of distraction but there was four days interval before her final paper, I thought we could meet within those days but she still said no.

"Are you there?" she asked while trying to bring me out of my thoughts.

"yes"

"Ok fine! Sai ka zo (till you come)."

"ban zu wa (I'm not coming)"

"Haha" she breathed a laugh.

"good night" I disconnected the call without giving her chance to reply me.

SUHAILAT POV

Alhamdulillah I'm done with my exams. I know I should be happy, the day I've be waiting for is finally here but I was not in anyway happy. Other student were busy dancing to the music those with car played while others were signing on their shirts.

I turned to my friends " I'm going to his office" I told them

"oh! Sai kin dawo (till you come back" Swalaha replied me.

"insha Allah" I lazily replied her too. I headed towards the department while they went back to celebrate.

We need to settle things because I'm not comfortable with the way things are going. He usually call me three times and send me two SMS (good morning and good night SMS) everyday but now everything has stopped since the day he ended his call.

He was angry and I knew I was the cause. I wondered why he fails to understand the fact that I was shy and I don't want people to notice what was between us. I wanted everything to be between us till I finish school.

Nobody knows what was going on between us expect for my friends. I stopped going to his office which means my project was on hold.

We only talk on phone and that too has stopped because he wanted to visit me and I said no.

I knocked on his door and waited till he gave me permission to go in. I saw him discussing something with some students so I sat down calmly till he was done with them.

After they left, I had my gaze fixed on him as he arranged and rearranged the items on his desk trying to swallowed down his frustration.

"you stopped calling me. no call nor SMS. Are we fighting?" I tried to start a conversation.

"No, not at all. I can't remember when we had misunderstanding talk more of fight." He replied me

"But you stopped calling. You didn't congratulate me eith..."

He interrupted me immediately and said "ok. Congratulations"

"why the sudden change?"

"change?"