CHAPTER 30: TA YI KWANTE

With no delay I walked back to the hostel to pick what I needed considering the fact that I made up my mind to go back home that very day. I knew I won't be able to sleep properly after that call I received from my Mum.

"Babe how far? How did it go?" Jamila asked me immediately I entered the room.

I eyed her up and down before saying "is not only how far is how close. Don't ask me stupid questions now and if at all you wanted to know how far you should've accompanied me."

"Haba Suhailat if he had wanted to see both of us he would have said Jamila and Suhailat see me in my office not Suhailat see me in my office."

"Still and still."

"OK sorry, how did it go?" She asked again.

"Fine. I never expected him to act the way he did, he didn't quarrel or insult me."

"Tell me something. Are you sure it was Mr Abdulmajeed?" Mairo asked.

I told them everything that happened between us, the call I received from my mum and the decision I made about going home.

I left the school premises around 4:00pm to the garage. I was very happy when I found out that they were waiting for just one passenger for the car to take off.

The journey lasted for 2 hours due to the bad road and the driver was very slow.

When I got home, the house was quiet as usual since my siblings are married except for me and my sister Anty Zainab.

We are five in my family two boys three girls. Anty Mufida, Ya Abubakar, Ya khaleed, Anty Zee and Suhailat the last born.

I said my salaam and Waited at the door for someone to answer my salaam as my mum will always warn us not to enter her room or anyone's room except with permission to do so and whenever we made the mistake of going in before we are giving the permission she will always refer us back to KITAB AS-SALAM (THE BOOK ON SALUTIONS AND GREETINGS).

Anty Zee was the person who replied my salaam before I went in and saw them watching Sunnah TV. We exchanged greetings while they asked me how was school and project stress and I told them everything is moving fine.

I went to my room and changed into something simple then went back to join them in the sitting room as we gist about random things and my school.

After isha prayer Kuluwa (the little girl my mum brought from the village to keep her company since the house is always quiet) came to inform me that Daddy was calling me.

Thank God I was still putting on my hijab, I stood up and followed her immediately to the sitting room where I met Mum sitting close to Dad on the seater while my sister was seated on the floor.

I greeted them before sitting close to my sister. My Dad cleared his voice and started talking.

"we weren't expecting you today or should I say your Mum told you to come on Friday."

"she sounded angry on phone, I knew I won't be comfortable if I stay back in school that's why I came back today" I replied him while playing with the small azurfah ring I wore on my finger.