CHAPTER 14: SHE LOST HER CALM

Today's weather is a little bit cold. The wind made the tree branches dance in different direction as the fresh air filled my lungs, I felt refreshed and mirth. I totally forgot about the common perception that men aren't natural cuddle bear because since after my wife recovered, have being enjoying every moment of my life.

She makes me feel loved and special. Am extremely happy inside and outside but I don't show it for I don't want her to change her attitude towards me.

It's not as if she has considered me as her husband fully but she don't quarrel with me these days, she talk to me calmly with smile on her face.

I careless about the sudden change for all I want and care about is to enjoy every moment while it last.

I just came back from dropping my siblings. since when they found out about her sickness, they are always around to help cook and do the house chores.

Sometimes, Umma will prepare delicious meal for us even though she will tell them to give it to my wife because is for her not me.

I sometimes reckoned her change in behavior is because of their presence but I seriously pray she don't change, now that she's back to her feet and decides to go back to her normal routine.

"Assalamualaikum (peace be unto you)" I said the salaam as I enter the room.

"walaika salaam (peace be into you too) welcoming back" She said pouting with her lips like a two year old child.

"what is wrong with you treasure, are you feeling pain in any part of your body?" I said to her as I tried to hug her."

"Don't treasure me, I told you I want to go with you but you went alone. Have been staying in this house for the past one week, am tired of staying in one place."

"OK am sorry."

" I don't want your sorry."

" what do you want?"

"nothing" she replied with out looking at me, I used that as an opportunity to walk close to her. I hugged her from behind and said.

"Am sorry, we will visit them tomorrow insha Allah."

"that will be cheating."

"how?"

" you are just coming back and tomorrow you want to go again."

" hahaha, that shouldn't be a problem"

"Don't talk to me" she said as she struggle to get out of my hold.

"I can see you are strong now treasure."

"yes, I'm strong. I can even run a marathon."

"Awww! My baby is back to her feet alhamdulillah." I said as I turned her to face me. I pecked her on her forehead and asked her to go dress up we are going out.

Truth be told, I respect my wife a lot because she hardly go out expect when it necessary. Even when I gave her permission to visit her friends whenever she feels like she has never visited them. Maybe it in her blood.

I wonder how their friendship with Jam-jam lasted this long without my wife visiting her. Friends of nowadays will expect you to pay back everything they do for you and sometimes they expect more than what they did self.

So, now that she complain of me not taking her along with me when I went to drop my siblings at home I thought of taking her out.

"won't you tell me where we are going to" She asked furiously as she cooed, trying to win me over.

"have told you already that it's a surprise, if I disclose it to you now it won't be a surprise anymore so be patient kin ji(you hear) treasure."

"Um! No problem, my time will come." She said as she rested her back.

She lost her calm immediately I parked the car in front of the building as she gave me a side hug before kissing me on the cheek.

Don't forget to👇
Vote
Read
Share
And comment

CHU-CHU🖊