CHAPTER 18: NEW SUPERVISOR

That is not possible, how will he just go like that? That is pure wickedness. Where will I start from? Like am totally confuse walahi"

"See, calm down, all this things you are doing and saying will not change anything my dear" Jamila said as she was trying her possible best to calm me down.

"I know it will not change anything or bring him back but just imagine what will happen to me now, where will I start from? What if I have to start from the beginning again?" I said to her looking all tensed up.

"Ok, don't worry. Just pray to God to make things easy for you and insha Allah everything will be alright, besides you are not the only one involved ai."

"I pray so, insha Allah I will do as you say and who care about how many of us are involve? All I care about for now is me and myself alone."

"hahaha.....I hear you but Is that why you are crying?"

"you will not understand, is not good to wish bad for someone, I would have wish for HOD to dump you and ask you to meet another supervisor walahi."

"Abeg o! You won kill me ne?" she opened her eyes widely as if they will come out of their socket.

We were seated on my bed discussing random issues with Jamila since Mairo and Swalaha went home for weekend when I received a call few minutes ago from one of our course mate that the head of the department want to see us in one hour time since our project supervisor has left. He's a sabbatical lecturer and it seems he had issue with the school authority because rumors have been going round that he was having affair with students and the school authority found out about it which became problem for him .

I exhale and told Jamila that I will be on my way before I run out of time.

I got there 30minutes before HOD came and told us that our supervisor is gone and for that reason we will be given another supervisors. He brought a piece of paper out from his drawer and called our names together with the new supervisors we will be working with.

The whole world became still as everything around me stopped working for a while when I heard my name been mentioned then Mr. Abdulmajeed Ibn Ahmad names as my new supervisors. At that point in time I felt like screaming but there was no way I could do that. I idling raise my hands and clear the tears that dropped from my eyes with the edge of my hijab.

I was the first person to exit the office when we were asked to live, I really can't tell how I manage to get back to the hostel because tears were just running down my chin. As soon as I got to the hostel, I laid down on the bed and cried as if my life depend on it. I ignored all the questions that Jamila was asking as I don't know the reason why I was crying and I lacked answers to her questions.

After what seems like forever, I stopped crying, picked the kettle and went outside to wash my face. I went back inside and sat close to Jamila.

"Mr. Abdulmajeed is my new supervi........." I couldn't complete it when I started crying again.

"tau! Is that why you are crying?"

I couldn't talk so I just nod my head as yes. She hugged me without saying anything while she used her hand to rub my back. We stayed in that position for almost 10minutes before I heard her voice.

"I think you need to stop stressing yourself over this project issue. Calm down and bring back your focus, I don't know why you are easily carried away these day. Do you want to carry over any course at the end of the day or you want little problem that is not beyond your power to let you fail?"

She didn't give me room to reply her before she exhale and continued "about Mr. Abdulmajeed I think you should be happy and not to be crying because you know he gives good grade unlike Mr. Bello that we don't know where your faith was hanging then plus you are intelligent and hardworking which I believe it will earn you good grade. Have it at the back of your mind that you can do it, you will do it and insha Allah you will see how things will unfold itself easily."

I tightened the hug before mouthing "thank you."

"you are most welcome" she said smiling.

"I hate you because you know what to say at the right time, you know the exact medicine for my sickness, Thank you sweetheart for being part of my life."

----------------------------------------------------------

It exactly three weeks now since Mr. Bello left and everyone has moved on from where they stopped even though some of my course mates who were asked to join other group have to restart their project from beginning while some were asked to change their project topics.

As for me, I really don't know what was wrong with me because am yet to see Mr. Abdulmajeed to know where I stand. Whenever JAMILA brought the issue of when I was going to meet him, I always have one reason or the other to tell her or I say "insha Allah tomorrow."

Today been Tuesday, I made up my mind to go see him in his office after lecture since it was his lecture we will be having last for the day.

Mr. Abdulmajeed lectured for 1:30minutes and use the remaining 30minutes to share our script for the test he gave.

I was more than surprise to see 'SEE ME' on my script because I scored 7/10. That was more than half which clearly showed that I didn't fail. "Then why see me for God sake" I said to my self subconsciously.

Right after the lecture, we said our good bye with my friends and I went straight to his office for I don't want to waste time because If I do I might end up changing my mind.

I said few prayers before I knocked on his door, I waited a while for his respond but none came so I knocked the door for the second time, then the third.

I was about leaving when the door to his office suddenly opened with force and there he stood in his might with his angry face as if he saw his death.

I was glued to that particular spot where I stood for I was too scared to move or say a word after seeing the look on his face.

"come in if you want to and if you don't want to, please go back to where you came from because I hate people who behave like villagers."

"Me villager?"

please don't forget to:
read
Share
Vote
And comment.

Love you all💕💕

CHU-CHU😘😘