CHAPTER 38: THE POEM

Asalamu alaikum lovelies.
Happy new week to my lovely readers.

SUHAILAT POV

In a state of shock I went back inside. My friends suspected he loves me and his recent behavior says it all but I wasn't expecting him to confess his love for me anytime soon. He has been caring lately which I felt it was all because he pitied me. I don't need anybody to pity me. What happened between Taufiq and I happened for a reason and that was what God destined, why will he pity me to the extent he thinks dating me was the best thing to do.

I think it's too early to start another relationship. The experience I had was not funny at all. How will someone show you love, make you feel you are all his and he can't live his life without you and all of a sudden he just changed, stopped visiting and when he appears he presents his wedding invitation.

The thought of Taufiq and the memories we had makes me sick and hate the word love. My life is already complicated, I don't need anybody to add to it. I won't want anybody to brain wash me or make me go through what I went through the last time. I don't want anybody to pity me for I was already coping. I was ready to put all my pains behind and face my studies. I don't want to have anything to do with love or relationship now.

I got in and sat on my bed with a flump, I managed to unzip my dress and laid my back on the bed quietly. I was not in the mood for any conversation even though I knew I had some explanation to do for lying to my friends.

I was enthusiastic when none of them confronted me because I was feeling blue inside.

I shake my head again and again just to cast away the thought of what happened between us but the pictures of what happened remained glued in my head fresh and clear.

"Suhailat stop being a slugabed, wake up and get ready for lecture please" Swalaha said to me.

Aside the fact I slept late last night, I don't feel like going for lectures today. All I want to do is to stay in bed and think of my life.

"You know what! You guys should just get ready and go, I don't want to attend today's lecture."

"why?" they question together.

"just like that"

"hmm! Na you sabi o" swalaha yelled. They got dressed and left without me.

After 3hours they came back all tired. Thank God I prepared white rice and stew for us. I served us on a flat tray. "lets eat I called their attention while dropping the tray on the floor in our corner.

"Oh! You are a darling. I have been thinking of what to eat since we came out of the classroom" Mairo said smiling.

"Walahi even me, that lecture was boring. I wish I didn't attend the lecture too" Jamila said as she changed into something simple.