CHAPTER 22: WHAT IS WRONG

"yes. Find a bike from this place to take you to the garage and please make sure to come with your car when next you are visiting."
"Hahaha! Pray hard not to be in love with her if not I will wait for you walahi" He said before stepping out of the car.

See this guy o! I only called her because I was the same person who asked her to come to the office on Saturday. If only I knew he will be visiting I would have asked her to come with the project topic on Monday instead of Saturday. But why do I even care about what he said when I know there's no strange feelings attached.? Those were the thought running through my mind till I got to the department.

She was standing in front of my office door when I got there. "Sorry I kept you waiting, I was kind of busy that was why." He said apologetically.

"No problem Sir." she said to him without worry.

After I settled in, she presented the topics she came with. I asked her few questions to see if she has ideas about the topic and truth be told I was impressed with her response that I find it hard to select one out of the three topics she came with.

"which of the three topics do you prefer and think you can work best on?" I asked her.

"Anyone you want me to work on" she replied calmly.

One thing I notice about her is that she's reserved in speech and reluctant to join in conversation.

"OK let go with the first one, will you be OK with it?"

"yes Sir"

"No need of proposal, just go ahead with the chapter one."

"OK Sir."

"When will you submit it." I asked her as I rested my back on the chair I was sitting on.

"Hmm! I do...nt kno..w sir, I will submit it when I am done insha Allah.

"among all the students am supervising you are the only person still in chapter one. You need to work hard in order to catch up." I explained.

"Insha Allah I will try my best."
"OK you can go. Have a wonderful day."

"you too" she said after looking at me Surprisingly and walk out of the door.

SUHAILAT'S POV

Having feelings or loving someone who doesn't love you or have the same feelings for you can make you feel devastated. When you find yourself in such a condition you get stunk on things you are doing easily, you tend to ponder on things and wish you can change them even when you know what is meant to be, will be.

Right now that is exactly how I feel and having these thoughts BH alone make me feel sick. I wonder why the sudden change and ill treatment.

I am becoming useless day by day as am not longer useful to myself. I find it hard to concentrate on what am doing and this is not the right time to be face with such challenges.

I have my final exams coming up, my project is another thing I desperately wish am done with within short period of time and the lecturers are not even helping matters with the series of assignment they're giving.

"Anty Su! What are you thinking about? I Noticed you think too much these days. Hope all is well?" Jam jam said tapping my shoulder.

I turned and saw six pairs of eyes looking at me. I blinked my eyes for the first time then the second time trying by all means to force my tears not to run down my chin but I guess I was wrong because when I blinked it for the third time there and then the water works Began.

" Because of your friends kin mantani (you have forgotten me )" he said.
"subhanalillah!" They all say together. "What is wrong with you?" Mairo added "are you sick?" jam jam asked before sitting down close to me on my bed.

The four of us are in one room since there are only two bunks in the room which means only four people are allowed in each room.

"talk to us please your silence will not solve the problem dear." Swalbaby said.

"Is it the project issue? I thought you said he told you to submit chapter one."

"Jamila don't mind this stupid girl. My greatest problem with her is that she doesn't know when to cry, when to be lousy and when to even open up and share her problem. Mairo said to jamila before she turned and look at me, "if you continue this way, walahi you are in trouble and I don't see the reason of keeping friends like you who can't share her problem with people she called her friends."

Kai Mairo! This is not the right time to tell her what she did that was right or wrong, I think what she need from us now is to calm her down and remember we are together no matter the situation or condition we find ourselves in." Swalbaby said.

" Suhailat do you want to talk about it? If you don't want to we can help you with prayers insha Allah."

I used the back of my hand to clean my tears before I replied her. "I want to talk about it maybe I will feel relieved."

"Ok what is it? What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know where my relationship is heading too, I feel I am the only one wasting my time because this is not how we started. Everything seems wrong but I still don't know what is wrong" I told them placid before I continued. "he hardly call me, he doesn't bother sending me text messages or even check on me.

"Tau! Since when did this one start? We or should I say I didn't even notice anything. Kai! Akwai mutumi yar banza a nan, so you have been going through all this and you didn't think it was right for you to share your pain with us KO?. Mairo said.

" I thought it will stop, I thought he will give us a chance to ponder over the issue to know where the problem is but I failed because he doesn't me and when I call him his always busy."

"Hmmmm! I thought that guy is responsible" Swalaha said.

"Same here walahi" Jamila added.

Thank you for reading my novel and don't forget to read, share, vote and comment.

Stay Safe
Stay Calm
Stay And Anticipate.

CHU-CHU🖊